Claim rejected allowing scammers to send worthless products

SteelCity61
Contributor
Contributor
Dispute Case ID: PP-D-116863809 Transaction Amount: $30.98 USD Dispute Amount: $30.98 USD Transaction ID: 3T836683G21449918 Transaction Date: 29 May 2021 How to reopen a rejected claim?
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteelCity61 

Sorry those numbers are meaningless to us, you would need to say which dispute you opened and what happened for advice on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SteelCity61
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a mobile phone through a Facebook ad which came to about $30. I received a worthless clip worth about 10p. At the time I didn't know who sent it. To cut a story short PayPal rejected my claim as the seller replied with a tracking delivery number. Like I said this allows scammers to get away with sending worthless products. I couldn't reopen the case even though I sent photos of what they sent.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteelCity61 

If you lost because your seller provided tracking then you opened the wrong dispute?

If you opened one for non receipt of item then the seller would win if tracking showed delivery.

Why didn't you open a dispute for item received but not as described ie completely wrong item, then paypal would have told you to return the tat you recieved back to the seller for a refund.

You could then claim back some or all return postage if you had activated the below link at some point before that transaction was made.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SteelCity61
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to change but PayPal refused as they closed the claim. Bad service.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SteelCity61 

Well its not paypals fault that you opened the incorrect dispute, and you can only change a dispute from non receipt to not as described before the dispute closes, if not then sadly its x1 dispute per transaction.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.