Claim refused for unwarranted increase in Car parking fine

Topcat33

I received a fine for parking on private land, which I appealed against but was refused. Was going to fight it but decided against it as a lot going on & clearly a VERY time consuming process involving Court attendance etc so reluctantly paid £50 via PayPal. Done with one touch transaction & didn’t realise amount had since been doubled as not notified, but unable to cancel transaction. Lodged with dispute centre but refused so thanks  to PayPal, paid £110 for a 20 pence charge! 

Sorry for long explanation, but as no goods provided, advice to ‘contact seller’ useless & now have nowhere to go to reclaim £60 excessive fine balance. Cannot understand why I appear to have no rights over my own money in this case..can anyone advise if I can do anything else about it? Could scream with then justice of it all! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Topcat33 

Sorry but you authorised the payment at the time you paid and paypal sent the funds for you.

If you overpaid then you need to take it up with the person you sent the funds to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.