Claim refused by the Brickwall Boys (paypal)

miketheb
Contributor
Contributor

I put a claim in which was refused. Dispute Case ID: PP-D-98386407. The reply was generic and told me nothing, so I am now in a position where I don't know if I was wrong or if papal was wrong. Its like talking to a brick wall.

So what do I do?

Well I have limited options:-

1. Stop using paypal

2. Continue to use paypal

3. Use paypal only where I have to

So I will choose option 3

Good Luck

Regards

Mike 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miketheb 

May have been able to help you if you had said what happened and which dispute you opened etc.

But nevermind.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

miketheb
Contributor
Contributor

This is the refusal from paypal...........

We have reviewed all the details of your claim. Based on the information we have to date, we have to deny your claim. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute.

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-98386407

Transaction Amount: £3.00 GBP

Dispute Amount: £2.99 GBP

Transaction ID: 88D24445PT3110043

Transaction Date: 10 January 2021

If You Have Additional Information Please Send it to Us

As a valued customer, we want to give you an opportunity to provide us with additional information that could change the outcome of this case. If you have information that may help us decide this case in your favour, please send it to us. If you would like to appeal this decision, please contact us by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page.

The bottom line is I printed off a postal label on the ebay system and paid £3. This sale was cancelled and I was refunded the sale proceeds by paypal - but the postal label was not refunded. The system knows I did not use the postal label as the are numbered and traced.

So I am £3 short. Quite why the refund was refused is beyond me as they have all the information to resolve the case. If I am wrong then paypal please tell me, if paypal is wrong please refund me. Don't hide behind a generic reply.

I have appealed already and the reply is as above. There appears to be no way to appeal further. I future I will use my credit card as at least I can talk to them and have a conversation.

Regards

Mike

Login to Me Too

miketheb
Contributor
Contributor

I would add that I was unable to enter £3 and instead entered £2.99

Quite why I could not enter £3 I don't know

It comes back to my point that because I got a generic refusal I still don't know if I am wrong or paypal is wrong.

Not really the way to ensure quick and helpful customer relations

Regards

Mike 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@miketheb 

You can also cancel an unused postage label up to 7 working days from the date of purchase. Here's how:

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find the payment.
  3. Select the payment to open the Transactions Details page.
  4. Near the bottom of the page, click Delete Label.

Royal Mail will be notified of your refund request. If approved, the label purchase amount will be returned to your PayPal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

miketheb
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the transaction is dated 10 Jan, so my loss and PayPal gain. It seems like daylight robbery as they know the postal label was not used. It seems the odds are against me. Easy money for them Regards Mike
Login to Me Too

miketheb
Contributor
Contributor

Well I am confused as today I received this...........................

Dear Mike Bowthorpe,

We received the claim(s) you opened on 11 January 2021.

We've reviewed the transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Learn More about PayPal Purchase Protection

Find out how your purchases are protected and how we investigate claims by clicking Security at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-98386407 

Transaction Amount: £3.00 GBP 

Dispute Amount: £2.99 GBP 

Transaction ID: 88D24445PT3110043 

Transaction Date: 10 January 2021

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Unsure why I got it???

The bottom line remains though..........why is it so dam difficult for paypal to give a precise answer. If I am wrong then fine, but please just tell me why.

In the meantime I am stopping using paypal wherever I can, small as it may be in the eyes of the big paypal.

I feel as if paypal are taking me for a ride

Regards

Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.