Claim dispute was given to seller when we got a fake item...

New Community Member

So this past July, I purchased a fall/winter season 17 Supreme Boxo Logo Sweatshirt (Ice Blue Colorway) from the marketplace website, Grailed. I purchased this piece under the understanding that it was 100% legit and authentic, and that it came directly from Supreme. However, after receiving the item, I attempted to re-sell the hoodie on Stock X for more than I paid. When my sale went through, I shipped to Stock X where they have to verify that the item is indeed authentic. After waiting about a week for the verification results, I was informed via email by the Stock X authentication team, that the hoodie I attempted to sell, did not pass their tests and standards for being considered authentic, and therefore was sent back to me. Luckily, in the past I have only sold 100% legit items/sneakers on their marketplace, so I dodged a hefty fee for wasting their time, and instead I was just charged $13.95 for the hoodie to be shipped back to my home. I filed a case against the seller through Paypal and the results of the case came back saying that the ruling is in favor of the seller...all I can wonder is how is this possible? Shouldn't I be protected through Paypal's policies against unauthentic items? I mean I am at a total loss right now since I paid over $500 dollars for something that was suppose to be brand new and authentic, and instead I was given a unauthentic hoodie that is worth nothing near what I paid, or was trying to sell for. 

Screenshot of email that StockX sent us regarding the verification results of the Hoodie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-207_plug

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.