Claim/dispute closed by Paypal while returned item is still in transit to China.

Joneli
New Community Member

Ordered a monocular from an ad.  Paid with Paypal, received item that was not as described, total "bait and switch".  Contacted seller, said that this item was just as good as item advertised, which it wasn't even close.  Opened a dispute with Paypal, escalated to claim.  After weeks of waiting, Paypal told to me to send item back to seller, and once received I would get a full refund.  I took the item to USPS, filled out a custom form, paid for return shipping and got a tracking #.  Entered the tracking# in the resolution center under my claim along with a photo of the USPS receipt with tracking#.  That was 10/9/20, Just received an email that my case was closed: 

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we did not receive valid proof or tracking that you returned the merchandise.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

I went to my closed dispute case and clicked the "Track Shipment" link and this is what came up:

Tracking Number: LH113855289US

Your item is being held in Customs at 2:31 pm on October 27, 2020 in GUANGZHOU, CHINA.

Status In-Transit

October 27, 2020 at 2:31 pm

Held in Customs

GUANGZHOU, CHINA

How can they close my case while my item is still in transit?  This seller is a scammer and Paypal is allowing them to do this.

Please help!!!!

Joneli

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.