Claim denied

Minni27
New Community Member

I have paid Travel company for Maldives Resort room booking for 3 nights  but travel company provided the fake booking voucher, which I later came to know that booking made via Booking.com which got cancelled a week before travel date since seller didn't made the payment to booking.com at all on said date. And he had no intentions to make that payment. He just tricked us. I constantly had conversation with seller to get my refund and he was just buying time and then stopped responding back after 2 weeks, then I raised the concern with Paypal within timeline. Initially I raised the claim under the head of "Product not received". Since we actually didn't received the resort booking in real. I provide the email confirmation from Maldives Resort as well where they stated that said booking never completed due to non payment by seller. But even then my claim denied. Someone told me that I should make a claim for "product received but not as described" since it was a booking even though fake one.  But after my claim denied under the head of Product not received Paypal refuse to take same complaint under different head. I tried to reach my credit company as well but they asking me to contact my merchant only. 

I don't know what could have done differently to get my money back. Now paypal restricted my business account which i have no interest using anyways after huge loss.

Any suggestion or help. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.