Claim denied :(

Maggie73
New Community Member
Can anyone help me what shall i do in my case. I have paid almost £2000 to the company in Gibraltar for organising our wedding. We decided to escape and romantically get married in Gibraltar. We have chosen one of local wedding planner. Paid extra for inclusive package. Sadly this company let us down: they never turned up to the wedding venue ( supposed to be our witnesses), flowers delivered to our hotel weren’t same as required. Booked chauffeur and also didn’t turn up, at the venue photographer told us that she was booked only for quick photos during ceremony and we paid for one hour session. We ended up taking selfies ourselves and being very upset on our special day. Contacted Paypal and they denied claim as said that “product has been delivered to us” What shall I do? 😞
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maggie73 

Did you file a dispute for non receipt of item? If so it would have been better to have filed for 'not as described' as the service you were provided with was not what you paid for.  

Phone and appeal citing you paid for a service that was 'not as described'.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

If that doesn't work then...

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Failing that small claims court action?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.