Claim denied based on incorrect tracking information from seller

nemesis3
Contributor
Contributor

I've just had a claim denied because the seller, Banggood in this case, provided an incorrect tracking link to the claim which showed the item delivered.

I messaged Paypal whilst the case was being reviewed of the situation, and they did nothing about it. I said I could provide evidence to back up my claim, but they did not come back to me for further information. Instead they denied the claim based on false information provided by the seller.

It seems that all the seller has to do is provide a tracking link to any item and Paypal uses that, it doesn't matter if it is not for the item being disputed.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_Martin

HI @nemesis3

Welcome to our Community!

In this case, if you feel the claim was worked incorrectly I would suggest you  appeal the case. Please make sure you highlight the reason for your appeal and include discrepancies in the delivery address. 

If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you can do so within 10 days.

To appeal the outcome of a claim:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Under 'Resolution Centre', click Closed cases to display the closed case list.
    •  You can also locate your case by selecting 'Case ID', 'Transaction ID', 'Invoice ID', 'Name' or 'Email'  from the drop-down and using the searcher.
  3. Next to the case, under 'Action', click View.
  4. On the 'Case details' page, near the bottom, click appeal the outcome.
  5. Provide information for your appeal.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

nemesis3
Contributor
Contributor

There was no option "appeal the outcome"

After multiple messages to customer service the case has been re-opened, however customer service just do not read your messages. They have now changed the case to "Item not described", the case says:

"You reported that the item you received was different to its description."

That is not true! I am still claiming that the item has not been delivered, I have been telling customer service that the tracking information sent by Banggood to Paypal was for a different item.

How hard is it to understand?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@nemesis3

In this case, I would ask you to send an email via the Help section of your account. In the email request state, all the facts and mention the case reference number.  Unfortunately, we cannot take any direct action on accounts or provide specific information through contacts on this platform for data protection reasons.

Login to Me Too

nemesis3
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent them several emails, however as i stated previously customer service do not spend any time reading the email.

They have now incorrectly change the status of the claim to "Item not as described".

I have sent yet another email explaining this error on their part,  and that I am being incorrectly represented, however I don't hold much hope that any attention will be given to that message either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

@nemesis3 

I would recommend reaching out to us through either Facebook or Twitter to have the issue escalated, or you can always call our support to have them manually escalate the issue. 

Login to Me Too

Sherylsiasgal
New Community Member

The same thing happened to me, as false tracking information was provided so Paypal denied my claim and there is no button to appeal! I want to appeal, as I want money because I did not received my merchandise that a\was ordered! This seems to be Paypal's standard response and I am wondering if I should just cancel my freaking account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sherylsiasgal 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.