Claim decided in my favour...when will refund be processed?

Kop05
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item from a website just under 6 months ago. It was never delivered. I opened a PayPal Claim. The seller did not respond. The claim was decided in my favour and automatically closed. But I have not received refund yet. When is this likely to be processed? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Kop05,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

When a refund has been issued, the money will go back to the original funding source. If the payment was completed with a card, the funds will be reversed to the same credit or debit card. In this case, it usually takes 5-7 working days, but it may take up to 30 days for the money to show on your funding source. If the payment was originally funded from your PayPal balance, the amount will be returned to the balance and if your bank account was used, the money will be refunded to that bank.

I hope this helps! 

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Kop05
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I used my Paypal Balance. The refund should have went back there following the case being decided in my favour.

It hasn't.

I have traded several messages with support but am getting conflicting answers, time-frames and now a blanket 'we are investigating'.

My experience of opening a case and utilising buyer protection to reclaim my funds has been very, very poor so far. The confusing support has also been very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.