Claim closed no way to appeal. Paypal didn't read my messages and just closed it.

Stein00
Contributor
Contributor

Have bought a bycicle from Banggood. Spokes are broken and wheel is bend. Banggood didn't try to help and just closed tickets at there site.

Created a dispute with Paypal Submitted Videos, photos and screenshots. Banggood reacts to claim to send the bike back to china while i recieved the bike from Poland.

Didn't agree because i bought the bike from the eu shipped from Poland. Paypal just closed my ticket without even looking at my message. They closed the claim as didn't provide shipping details.

There is no way to appeal and i can't find a way to contact paypal.

What can i do did i just got scammed out of €559,-.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

JeffreyBohn
Contributor
Contributor

Go to the bottom of the help page. You will see a contact us button, in that page there is an option to call them, click that. They will give you a 6 digit number (6 digit in the US, yours may be different) and a paypal phone number. Calling is the only way to get anything taken care of. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Stein00
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jeffrey,

Could't get a number to call them. I send Paypal a message on Facebook hope they reply.

Thank you for you're help.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stein00 

@JeffreyBohn 

As you said paypal closed the dispute as you didn't supply tracking >>>

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JeffreyBohn
Contributor
Contributor

Yep seems the only reason to use PP on purchases is none unless the seller only accepts PP. I have learned an expensive lesson in all this. Use a credit card so you can contest fraud. PP will not help buyers with fraudulent item purchases.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JeffreyBohn 

Not true, hundreds are posting back to say that they have been issued refunds but you have to use the dispute process correctly.

Even some credit cards have been turning down buyers for items received but not as described OR if they are over the 120 days most cards normally give them.

Nothing payment processor is a 100% guarantee of protection, so you have to read up on what they do give you / make sure you follow the dispute process correctly and risk assess your own online transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

naughtyspud
New Community Member

Paypal: The case was closed in the seller's favour as the item was altered or repaired while in your possession.

What evidence could they possibly have to prove this. I literally said "I have not tried to repair the item myself".

The process is a joke. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.