Claim against a seller

Kellycur
Contributor
Contributor

I have a case against a seller.you are waiting for a response from them. I have been constantly emailing them.

They have agreed to refund me the £53 but not pay for return postage costs.

They want me to send it tracked but that’s nearly £9 which I’m not prepared to pay. 

I have emailed and said I would send it Royal Mail to be signed for,which I’m also not happy to pay ,but prepared to as I don’t see them paying and I need this sorted . 

Is it ok to return the item ? Hoping they will refund me as they have agreed ? 

Look forward to hearing back from you 

regards Keren <removed>

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kellycur 

EVEN IF YOU WIN A DISPUTE YOU MAY STILL HAVE TO PAY FOR THE RETURN.........

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jenny

Hi @Kellycur,

Thank you for your post! Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the purchase.

From what you mentioned, it seems like you already escalate the case to a claim and you are in the initial phase when the seller has 10 days to answer back to PayPal. In general, if the seller doesn't respond, the case will automatically close on the 11th day with the refund. If the seller answers the claim, instead, we will investigate and make a decision based on our User Agreement. If we decide in your favour, we will send you an email with the correct address the item has been sent to. 

Please note, that as part of the PayPal claim process for 'item significantly not as described', it is a standard procedure to request for the item to be returned to the seller to receive a refund of the original payment and shipping cost. The buyer is responsible for return postage costs and, as previously mentioned, you can have a look at the 'free return shipping programme' to discover how to get reimbursed of part of the shipping costs. 

Hope this helps,

Jenny

Se hai trovato utile questa risposta, lascia per cortesia un Kudos o accettala come soluzione. Il tuo contributo nel forum aiuta altri utenti.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.