Claim Wrongfully Denied

JLG1412
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I'm looking for advice for this frustrating situation that I'm in right now.

On August 30th, I purchased a camera online and paid for home delivery. However, my order was sent to a different address and also was marked as delivered, meanwhile I had never even seen how my package looked like. I asked the seller for proof of delivery but they just refused to provide it to me.

That's why I filed for a dispute. However Paypal denied my claim and stated "This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered", which is absurd since the package was delivered to a different address and not my registered home address. I tried to reach an agreement with the seller by sending them the police report they had asked for, but after receiving the police report, the seller told me to contact Paypal instead.

Now I can't contact both the seller and Paypal anymore, I've been sending emails, messages, comments on social media, phone calls, still no respond from both the seller and Paypal. I've been patient enough to try to solve this case in peace but it has been more than a month, I still haven't received my refund. Is there another way to get in contact with Paypal? If anyone knows, please alert me, otherwise I'd have to resolve to the last solution, which is asking my bank for a chargeback.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Nalc50
New Community Member
I filed that I never recieved an item. The post office provided a gps picture showing it was delivered next door. Neighbor says he never got it. So paypal just believed sender I'm out money and product. PayPal is to quick to believe sender. Picture from Post office clearly show delivery was not at my house. Post office just said it was delivered. It was delivered but not my house. PayPal has failed again.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nalc50 

@JLG1412 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sscott725
New Community Member

@kernowlass 

How do you get the tracking information on official letterhead from the shipper? I checked the link you provided and I can confirm that my product never arrived even though it says delivered. I mean, how could it be in MO and TX on the same day? And it doesn't even confirm it was delivered directly to me. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sscott725 

You contact the shipper and ask them to confirm the item was not delivered to your address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.