Claim Unfairly Denied

DistortedVision
New Community Member

The Hermes delivery driver incorrectly attempted delivery to a Fish & Chip Shop instead of the Off License that was on the address label. The Fish & Chip was closed and he left a card through their letterbox and then delivered it to a neighbouring residential property. I went to the house and they said they didn't have it.

My original claim was closed simply citing "that we we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered."

I called PayPal and requested an appeal and explained the above which was added to the notes by the person Is spoke. The appeal has been closed again with the same reason cited "seller entered tracking information". 

It is obvious that they have not read the notes of the case on both occasions. I'm wondering what are my options now. From my understanding it is the sellers responsible to ensure safe delivery. I've made a written complaint to PayPal but I'm wondering can I sue the seller in small claims court to recover the monies owing?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.