Claim/Dispute

BoyMom72
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order at the end of May and was supposed to receive the order mid June but the package got lost in the shipment. The vendor said they would reship the order but they want me to close the claim before they do so. If I close the claim and my order gets lost in shipping again, am I able to file another claim with PayPal?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lassowary

You can't. I really hope you haven't closed the claim already. Absolutely don't close the claim before you get either your item or money.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

That's right. It's a common trick, don't close any on going claims/dispute. What they might do next is to actually send something to you, like a worthless item (for me it was a couple of masks, other people had reported getting a plastic ring, etc). That will satisfy PayPal (as hard to believe as that sounds) in some cases and the scammers succeed, but in some cases (like mine) if you persist to fight your case, you might get your case resolved in your favor.

Key is to take photos of what you received (including the packaging showing tracking number. If one customer service rep can't help, keep asking to talk/chat with a supervisor, until someone is willing to listen. If you are lucky, eventually you'll get a rep willing to help.

There is a site (if you are in US) to file a complaint to the FBI, www.ic3.gov file and send PayPal prove that you filed (you get a chance on the site to print out submission).

Login to Me Too

BoyMom72
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the information. I did close the dispute because I trusted the vendor and have ordered from them numerous times with no problems. The vendor reshipped my order FEDEX Express and I received it in 2 days. I also contacted my bank and they told me that if I did not get my order that I could file a claim with them to get my money back.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.