Claim Denied

Su1742
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all

First time here so hope this is ok.

I purchased an item in June, an exerciser, I recieved a cheap plastic ring instead, I tried first to contact seller but with no response, so I escalated it to a claim, I provided photos of the ring that came, paypal got in touch with the seller and they offered a partial small refund which I refused, this ring is worthless. Paypal was then looking into it for weeks and weeks, then 10 days ago paypal asked me to sign an affadvit which I did and returned it as they told me to through the resoluation centre, however my clain was saying still waiting for a response, so i sent it again, one pdf and one jpeg. It was showing in my notes as sent, but because it was still saying waiting for a response, I got intouch with paypal on twitter and they said they would investigate it to make sure it had gone through and to wait.

This morning 2 days after the cut off time to respond to the affidavif being sent back, the claim has been denied due to not providing the reponse, I took photos of the dispute and all the notes I sent as proof as I had a feeling something like this would happen hense the tweet to paypal 5 days previous.

Is there anything else I can do, what did I do wrong? Any advice much appriciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Su1742
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anybody that can help me find out how I appeal this, I sent all the information needed and asked for by paypal, how can they possibly deicde in favour of a seller in another country.

Apprently I have 10 days to appeal, but there is no appeal button anywhere to be seen on my case notes? Should I just write this off as bad luck and stupidty from buying online. What sort of buyers protection have I got if I show I recieved a small metal ring instead of a exerciser and my claim is denied?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.