Claim Denied but Item Never Delivered...What now?

tstrutton
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal denied my claim because the Seller provided bogus tracking number.  The results of the tracking number say a package was delivered, but it doesn't even give a specific street address (only the town and zip code), and I never received anything.  Whenever I attempted to input another claim, it was automatically "closed" in the PayPal system.  I gave PayPal "feedback" regarding the handling of my claim, but have received no response.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Annjallene
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact thing happened to me! I’ve tried to open more disputes but it automatically closes the dispute. I’m trying to get in contact with PayPal over Facebook messenger and phone call
Login to Me Too

daymiruiz17
Contributor
Contributor

Did they respond to you regarding this issue? What is the phone # to call customer service ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Annjallene
Contributor
Contributor
It says that it put me in a queue to talk to an agent so I have to wait. You can call but I hear the wait time is almost 2 hours 😞 their number is[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]
Login to Me Too

Annjallene
Contributor
Contributor
Won’t let me send the number but look up pay pal customer service phone number online
Login to Me Too

daymiruiz17
Contributor
Contributor
Ok I will try that Thanks a bunch!
Login to Me Too

Enablesfraud
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me and I can't get anybody on the phone. PayPal is encouraging fraud and if you thought it was safe paying with PayPal...IT'S NOT. This is so wrong they should have to provide proof of delivery. PayPal needs to do the right thing or this will never stop because paypal allows it. I'm so **bleep** of and the seller has to prove nothing I didn't even get a tracking number just said shipped. If I don't get my money back I'm going to contact as many different people, journalist, reports IC3 FCC somebody needs to look into this problem and do something about it. PayPal is as bad as the people taking our money...they just let them and they don't care. The same people get away with it and move on to another victim...paypal is allowing it to happen and it needs to be stopped by someone. I want my damn money back
Login to Me Too

Dremwvrrobi
Contributor
Contributor
I have had similar problem with purchases from Facebook ads. This is second time it has happened. I got a tracking number from seller in both situations and it goes through the whole process and shows that item was delivered to my address. I call the post office, because I didn't get anything in the mail other than political ads and junk mail and usual bills. Post office says it was delivered to my address, nothing they can do but give me a printout. They told me in each instance that the pkg. weighed 1oz. and 7oz. respectively. The items I ordered weighed in excess of 40lbs and 20lbs respectively. so there is no way that what I supposedly received from USPS is anything close to what I ordered. PayPal denied claim because tracking showed that I received an item from each tracking number. PayPal said I have to produce said items to show that I received an item other than that which was ordered. Ok, but I can't produce something that I never recieved!! Makes me feel like the USPS is involved in the same scam as the perpetrators! It's awful funny that the only pieces of mail that I don't recieve happens to be these two pieces. I am not sure how to proceed with this issue but, I'm determined to try to put a stop to it! US Postmaster General fraud division? Brown & Cruppen? Anybody have any suggestions? These fraudulent advertisers are allowed to post on Facebook and other places and they get away with pulling this scam using PayPal payment and they know how to get around PayPal terms for returning you payments! Buyers Beware!
Login to Me Too

Enablesfraud
Contributor
Contributor
Mine shows a completely different delivery address package was delivered somewhere else...and paypal still denied dispute
Login to Me Too

Enablesfraud
Contributor
Contributor
They provided tracking info for delivery in same city as me- I called ups tracking number is for someone else and not my address. If paypal would validate tracking info they would easily see nothing was delivered to me or my address. Ups said go to ups.com/sitefraud and follow links to federal government- if PayPal is just going to let people get away with it paypal should be investigated also because they are allowing to happen and allowing it to continue - they know it's happening and still don't validate tracking info or protect buyers
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.