Circuos Technology Co., Ltd. Scam seller support by PayPal’s inactivity!

Roly78
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal declined the dispute case and clearly have did not read the details and in doing are complicit to fraud and scam selling!

I ordered an item in good faith via an advert on Facebook and paid using paypal, mistakingly thinking PayPal protects its sellers from fraud.
the item was 2 x camping chairs that cost approximately $45. What was received months later was 2x $5 hammocks! I raised the dispute and the fraudulent seller offered half of the cash back, I declined and the seller then said they would offer full price if I sent the item back to china. I declined to pay for the shipping as it would cost more than the item received. Furthermore, this would place the item back into the hands of scam sellers that would simply resell it fraudulently and make their money all over again! I advised that if they want the item back they can arrange shipment and collection as I will have no part of a scam. Paypal have declined the refund because I didn’t provide a tracking number thus awarding the fraudsters my money meanwhile I have a bag of useless string and a $45 space in my finances! If anybody knows how to actually speak to someone please advise.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

pleb457
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem. Ordered 2 camping chairs for $43.64 and got two bags of rope. Company offered partial refund which never arrived. I am still emailing with them but this is a complete scam

Login to Me Too

Roly78
Contributor
Contributor
Don’t get your hopes up. PayPal have declined mine because I didn’t send it back and I am yet to find a way to actually speak to anybody.
Login to Me Too

frannyb2
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal do not offer protection. They are complicit with the scammers. I’m done with them. I wasted money returning my rubbish items to the Chinese Scammers and they left it at customs so I lost $250 plus return postage. Then PayPal said I hadn’t sent tracking when I had and they had told me they were monitoring it ! Their messaging forum is full of bots of no actual use. PayPal are Scammers. Shouldn’t they protect people from fraudulent sites in the first place. They are gone downhill. I’m not using them anymore. They rob us with their fees anyway.
Login to Me Too

mmiskiewicz
Contributor
Contributor

How do you cancel PayPal? I would like to do the same, I agree with you -there is no protection with PayPal and therefore no point in using it.

Login to Me Too

TTown
New Community Member

I am in the same boat! Be disputing with these criminals and they seem to have PayPals permission to steal from us! This is just reckless. I will be making a complaint with the international commerce department to see how we can get them shut down in the US! This is enough! They are straight up thieves! 

Login to Me Too

Poorme2020
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, lets all do this. Everytime you see a dodgy advert on FB, do a search for the same item to proof it is a scam. They usually rip off some legitimate website.  Then click on the top right corner of the FB ad and inform FB that this is a fraud.  If enough of us are doing this all the time, it will cause these scammers trouble to be blacklisted by FB algorithm.

Login to Me Too

Andybirds1967
Contributor
Contributor
PP-D-77921957 As regarding to this case number that yu said didn’t go in my favour. WHY. ? It’s a straight forward I paid for something and haven’t recieved it it’s as simple as that unable to contact the seller. And because I’ve paid for something and not recieved it surely it’s PayPal’s duty to retrieve my money or goods. PAYPAL GET IT RITE. Do you have people there who don’t read notes and toss a coin to decide Think your staff need PAYPAL ARE USELESS YU GET RIPPED OFF BY BUYING SOMETHING AND PAYPAL LET IT HAPPEN. ABSOLUTE JOKE. WHERES CIRCUOS TECHNOLOGY CO NOW. SHARING A BEER WITH PAYPAL NO DOUBT. SOMEONE NEEDS SACKIN
Login to Me Too

Soloman1963
PayPal have just declined my case. Sinilar to yours except I haven't received any product, PayPal have said that they were furnished with a tracking number showing delivery but I have not got anything, I didn't sign for any item from this crowd. I tried to visit their website but its no longer available. Definitely a scam
Login to Me Too

ojs4
Contributor
Contributor

I have a VERY similar story. I just saw an article about this in the news and thought of looking here. In my case, PayPal sided with a knock-off producer that was fraudulently advertising on Instagram. Their website disappeared and they were not even responding to PayPal itself by the time PayPal decided in their favor.

I'm here to say that my solution was to replace my PayPal Plus Mastercard with a bank that still has humans working for it. I soon discovered that just replacing my preferred card did not keep my PayPal Mastercard from being charged when clicking the PayPal button on sites where I had already used PayPal in the past, when my PayPal Plus card had been my preferred card. I had to go into the place on the PayPal site where you change cards you've set for recurring payments (like subscriptions) and de-couple my card from every single vender I had ever used PayPal with before. Took some time but worth it to know that at least PayPal will not be collecting on that part of their business with me ever again!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.