Chose unathorised payment but should have chose item not recieved now closed cannot raise a new one?

boliverboy-1985
Contributor
Contributor

i raised an unauthorised payment details when i should have raised that i have not recieved my item, i was contacted by ebay that the account i was purchasing from had been used without the owners permission and the item was removed but i have purchased direct through ppaypal thinki9ng i would be covered. Paypal closed the case saying that i had paid and that there was no issue, as this is now closed i cannot raise another issue and i have lost my £350. i thought paypal was safe and would help if there was any fraudulent people/companies you would by off.

i really need your help guys i cannot just lose this money.

regards

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kororo
Contributor
Contributor

contact cust service they can help you correcting that  dispute 

Login to Me Too

Danielkyei
Contributor
Contributor
40mins + holding to speak to customer support and sometimes you don't even get through
Login to Me Too

Danielkyei
Contributor
Contributor
I can not believe how shocking paypal have reacted i am watching £449 of my cash being robbed right before my eyes all I get is paypal bots and AI's no help whatsoever i am so shocked at the lack of human assistance. I need to speak with a customer representative to clear this up. I was told to raise the job as unauthorised payment because the option I was looking for was not there now case closed have not recieved item still and paypal bots keep sending me around in circles...the call waiting times are 40mins PLUS! Are we expected to be on hold for that long while being charged ? This is so frustrating can anyone out there help
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boliverboy-1985 

They would help if you opened the correct dispute.

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say you made a mistake then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.