Chinesse seller send scam merchandise, now I has to return the item to China under my own cost

AllBestQuality
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, I buy from a seller <removed>

2 Solar Pool Ionizer(No More Algae) $ 54.96 + Insurance $1.65 = $56.61 They send 2 mini tablets floater that did not cost near .99 each. After I pay for express shipping, the item arrives in 1 month later. They said when I open a non receive item that due covid19 was delayed that is not real. Then when I claim to them that they send an incorrect item when it finally arrives, they never response. Then I open a case with Paypal as incorrect item received and they response back near the last day requiring me to return the item I receive. I don't have any problem returning the item but when I arrive at the postal office, it will cost me $30. Paypal and the seller will not refund me that shipping amount so I will be loosing $30 and now get the risk that the seller said did not receive the item if the address is a fraud one.  What I should do, I think lost my already pay of $56.61 but if you multiply with a bunch of buyers, is a lot of money. I buy there items that was advertised by facebook.  Thank you for the answers.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

djpbargan
Contributor
Contributor

6/20 order a tool sharpener, 7/20 I get a diamond wheel 2.5 inches round, what made me open a case is, item delivered,not one of two shipments,  I was waiting for the tool supposed to sharpen 4 different sides and sizes. Did not look like a China product, names Daniel Store Inc. Now 10/20 after contact  to seller  only one response, check your PO, I did they said everything  we have was delivered, then no response, case opened since 8/20 now I get a Chinese address I can't print, can't rewrite to a paper, and I only have 8 days left to prove shipping, ebay solution center no customer phone number. Daniel Store Inc. email returned non existing. NOT FAIR EBAY I WANT ACTION OR I WILL CALL BBB.  Hope to all. NJ djpbargan

Login to Me Too

Grannyvikki
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same problem....im **bleep**!
Login to Me Too

IndianaJohn
New Community Member

I bought sink stoppers for $20.  $7.95 of it was for shipping the item to me from Rosemead, CA. to my location in Indiana.  The item did not fit (item not as described), and PayPal ruled that I could get my $20 back, but first, I had to return the item to the seller, and provide shipping and tracking information.  The problem was, the seller provided me a return address in China.  Why would I pay $40 to $60 in shipping and tracking, to get my $20 back.  That just isn't right.  I had no way to respond in any way, only a button to provide PayPal with shipping/tracking information, so the case was finally closed in favor of the seller.  It's crazy that PayPal would let sellers to scam us like this!  I wouldn't have minded returning the item back to California where it was shipped to me from, but I must return it to China???  That's crazy!  Thanks PayPal.

Login to Me Too

ShaanV
New Community Member

This is such a scam! I'm going thru the same situation. They use fake or deceptive advertising to lure you into thinking you'll be getting the grinding unit. Then they end up shipping only the wheel (making you think that the actual unit will probably arrive separately), they convince you into believing the COVID story so you are just sitting there twiddling your thumb until you lose patience. Then when you open a resolution with PayPal, another 3 or 4 weeks go by before any communication is established (Yes, their fake email bounces back).

Eventually, they want you to ship the grinding wheel back to China for a refund. Two issues here, if the email is fake, what is the guarantee the address they provided is real? Also, they want you to mail it with a tracking number, which means you pay an arm and a leg for this facility! And let's assume, you are crazy enough to pay that shipping cost AND their China address is legit, they can refuse you a refund on a technicality where they claim that the product has to arrive them in the same condition as the way it was shipped! So, there's this guy in their 'shipping and receiving' section with a sledge hammer (who knows), item is shattered to pieces..boom, reason for denial, who's to say.

99 percent of the people asked to return this product are not going to do it after they realize the exorbitant cost to ship it back to China! Bingo, you make US$24.95 for a **bleep** aluminum grinding wheel possibly costing just under a buck...what a con! And this seems to to be well organized because the wheels are shipped in bulk to a local address in the country it was ordered from and then shipped locally for next to nothing...(probably recruit some folks in some basement to do this on commission)!

PayPal really needs to vet these guys first before accepting payments on their behalf. Most of the time, the companies who post these deceptive ads disappear from the picture to be replaced by a completely different operator. It is a well organized con game.

Login to Me Too

Mrfixit49
New Community Member

they are probably the same company when they reappear on your feed. i ordered 2 small under counter gun safes from Ario Trae and later that day i ordered 2 more Bluetooth small gun safes for Christmas presents from Hangsbestonline (email they used)  

what i received from the first company was a cheap $10 watch instead of the gun safes. now they want me to pay to return it. i still have not received anything from the second company but the sent me an email with 2 tracking #'s, on the email one of the tracking numbers was the exact same tracking number that the first company sent me (the one the watch came in ) .  so obviously the same people scamming me 

IF PAYPAL DOSENT HELP ME OUT WITH THIS I WILL BE NO LONGE USING PAYPAL - AS THEY MUST BE IN WITH THE SCAMMERS.

Login to Me Too

Johnnotrog
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds familiar..  ordered a collapsible workbench (advertised on PayPal) didn’t arrive.  PayPal closed the complaint as hangsbestonline provided them with a tracking number.   (My problem to research with courier apparently).    

Thinking back I remember receiving a small pack of cheap drills I didn’t order.    I think this is connected (they have a record of “something” being delivered but not what was ordered).    If this is the case, it would be scamming on an industrial level, that PayPal are facilitating. 

Am I alone in experiencing this?    

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.