Chinese seller lied

57LC
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item off FB feed, had NO idea it came from China. Instead of "Handmade trees from Sea Glass" for $41.98, I was sent two four inch plastic garbage trees that I wouldn't buy from the Dollar store! Opened Dispute. Several communications with XUE <removed>, refusing first piddly offer of $8 refund and succeeding increments of about 4-6 dollars. I did not back down, demanding my FULL refund and today XUE <removed>told PayPal that I accepted a refund of $34.00 - I DID NOT! Now Paypal says case closed! I am furious, do NOT like being lied to and am extremely disappointed in PayPal!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Gwenevere
Contributor
Contributor

Xue Airong Sali

seller paid by PayPal but want to return Nativity set but cannot get in touch. Angelicity was the one I dealt with. Seller is different. How do I return?

Login to Me Too

Twinsgramma
Contributor
Contributor
I too ordered the Nativity Set. It looked beautiful in the FB ad but it is cheap plastic and so small I don’t know what I could do with it but throw it out. It was ordered 12/29 and they stuck me for almost $37. I could get better at Dollar Tree. I don’t see any email address or identifying way to contact them. PayPal should block them from doing business if they can’t make them return purchase price. Can anyone suggest what I can do next??
Login to Me Too

amyms952
Contributor
Contributor

On your PayPal account start a disputed transaction claim.  They will contact the seller who will be in contact with you through PayPal.  My experience was that they offer you incrementally increased amount of credit and allow you to keep the item.  I asked for a full refund and got it, but only after I sent the item back to China which cost me about half of what I was charged originally.  Way more hassle than it was worth - I should have taken the $18 credit I was offered.  More importantly, PayPal needs to stop doing business with these scammers.  

Login to Me Too

MadNina
New Community Member
I was taken for the same nativity set, what was shown was exquisite, what I received was 1 inch plastic pieces. I was swindled once before by a Chinese vendor, swore I would never again order from China, but they never stated they were a Chinese. I will also open a dispute.
Login to Me Too

rikazae
Contributor
Contributor
I has the same thing happen!! I ordered the the wooden world puzzle map and got some cheap sticker paper.
Login to Me Too

Albion113
I've opened a dispute with PayPal, I ordered a wooden map of the world and received a peel off plastic sheet. This company are now offering me $11 when I payed £31 over not accepted it. I must day though that seeing all these reviews on the PayPal site that PayPal should be doing something about this supplier. I intend to post this shady company all over Facebook, twitter and anywhere else I can find.
Login to Me Too

montybgood60
Contributor
Contributor
I will follow in suit, along with you! This has to stop!!!
Login to Me Too

MiddyM
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me. Supposed to get large wooden wall map. I got tiny little cork board. I want my money back!
Login to Me Too

amyms952
Contributor
Contributor

I was notified yesterday that PayPal has refunded my full amount.  After paying $17 to mail the merchandise back and all the time and hassle at the post office completing international shipping, I should have accepted the last offer from the seller.  Would have netted the same without the hassle.  I totally agree that PayPal should not facilitate this guy's selling worthless merchandise!

Login to Me Too

Emjay3
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Xue <removed> is incrementally offering partial refunds in tiny amounts. Even if I get 90% of my money back the product lacks so much value they still make a substantial profit. This seller needs to be banned. I feel like such an idiot for being scammed. A reverse image search shows that the seller Xue <removed> stole the image from a crafter on Etsy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.