Chinese seller lied

57LC
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item off FB feed, had NO idea it came from China. Instead of "Handmade trees from Sea Glass" for $41.98, I was sent two four inch plastic garbage trees that I wouldn't buy from the Dollar store! Opened Dispute. Several communications with XUE <removed>, refusing first piddly offer of $8 refund and succeeding increments of about 4-6 dollars. I did not back down, demanding my FULL refund and today XUE <removed>told PayPal that I accepted a refund of $34.00 - I DID NOT! Now Paypal says case closed! I am furious, do NOT like being lied to and am extremely disappointed in PayPal!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

Supermum3
Contributor
Contributor
You need to raise a dispute through the resolution centre at PayPal or go through to message centre to talk to an advisor on line that’s what I have done and reported all I can about the company and individual
Login to Me Too

Emjay3
Contributor
Contributor
I started a dispute claim and put that I agreed to $25 refund with a $30 purchase. The $5 should more than cover the plastic junk I received. Here is hoping I get most of my money back.
Login to Me Too

KJS3
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked on ‘legal’ at bottom of PayPal page and then clicked on ‘escalate complaint’. Still waiting for someone to get back to me 😕
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
Message them thru their chat option. Request a representative and state what your issue is. It took them about 48 hours to respond to me but the end result was dispute closed in my favor and a refund was issued. All in all it took about two weeks from filing a dispute to final judgment. I figured from the beginning there was a slim chance of a refund from the amount of people that were clearly victims of fraud losing their disputes. I gathered as much evidence I could discover pertaining to my case. I even took screenshots from this community forum of the list of people who “Me too” the same fraudulent seller.
Login to Me Too

montybgood60
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal should be class actioned. Seems they are in cahoots with the Chinese.
Login to Me Too

57LC
Contributor
Contributor

The seller told me to keep the "trees", they are garbage, no thanks.....after several offers of little by little, they told PayPal the dispute was resolved and I had accepted that........baloney! I finally got my money back and threw the stuff in the trash. Keep on them! Good Luck!

Login to Me Too

Emmljones
New Community Member
I ordered a large wooden map from Facebook and just got sent some crappy plastic instead. Have raised a dispute with PayPal so let's see what they do.
Login to Me Too

Supermum3
Contributor
Contributor
You need to report them for the scam too all they offered me was $8 dollar refund that’s how the scam you by sending you the crap then saying to PayPal they must of ordered the wrong item they can keep it with a small refund and PayPal believe them
Login to Me Too

KJS3
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. We should all raise a dispute then PayPal will soon have to deal with them 😕
Login to Me Too

Supermum3
Contributor
Contributor
We all need to explain that they have scammed loads of people with the same thing
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.