Chinese seller lied

57LC
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item off FB feed, had NO idea it came from China. Instead of "Handmade trees from Sea Glass" for $41.98, I was sent two four inch plastic garbage trees that I wouldn't buy from the Dollar store! Opened Dispute. Several communications with XUE <removed>, refusing first piddly offer of $8 refund and succeeding increments of about 4-6 dollars. I did not back down, demanding my FULL refund and today XUE <removed>told PayPal that I accepted a refund of $34.00 - I DID NOT! Now Paypal says case closed! I am furious, do NOT like being lied to and am extremely disappointed in PayPal!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

montybgood60
Contributor
Contributor
You're one of the lucky ones.
Login to Me Too

shoe82
Contributor
Contributor

the same happened to me.  

Login to Me Too

TA333
New Community Member
Lied to me too I ordered a set of retractable step $19.99. =$29.89 shipping. I got it today they sent me part of some kind of a strap for a dog collar. I’ve tried multiple times to email it won’t let me email them at all
Login to Me Too

FR2020
Me too- received a crappy plastic sticker instead of a wooden wall map. Was offered half refund, turned it down and have been offered a full refund but only when I send the crappy plastic sticker back to China.
Login to Me Too

Alleycr
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me too!! Spent $113 and was offered $20 refund for the plastic crap I got instead of the sea glass Christmas trees. I even filed a complaint with the IC3 whatever PayPal told me to do and PayPal STILL sided with this horrible Chinese seller. I’m wondering who in PayPal us getting a kickback from this seller as it seems no one is being respected or refunded. I do ALL my online shopping with PayPal whenever possible...not anymore!!! There are way too many other ways to pay for online transactions. I’ll never use PayPal again!! Look at how many people PayPal has denied refunds to and sided with this jerk!!! Bye bye PayPal!!!
Login to Me Too

KJS3
Contributor
Contributor

I’m absolutely disgusted with PayPal fir aiding and abetting this company. I’m constantly being asked to accept a PARTIAL refund. How dare they!

I’m never using PayPal again. Furious! 

Login to Me Too

missanonymous
Contributor
Contributor
This exact thing happened to me. The seller is now requiring that I pay to have the dollar store trees shipped back to China! I am furious and will be calling PayPal. To commit fraud by misrepresenting a product is bad enough without requiring that I spend $25+ shipping the crappy items back.
Login to Me Too

KJS3
Contributor
Contributor
You need so escalate your complaint with PayPal. I finally got a full refund
Login to Me Too

sffslewi

i had same issue ordered rc car got junk baby toy worth only pennies filed dispute said i had to return the worthless toy only problem is the want me to cover shipping which cost  more than i will get refunded so paypal closes dispute and i get nothing how are these sites allowed to operate false advertising and ripping off americans  with no repercussion for the complete and blatant ripping me off 

Login to Me Too

Doodledawg

This seller is still at it in 2021!  I just disputed a charge from them.  Ordered two dog beds off IG ad, got ONE dog bed, the wrong size and looking like a cheap dollar store knock off!  The seller email on the website was different than the email on the invoice AND different than the email associated with the PayPal account I made the payment to.   The website is fake - can't leave a review because it will delete immediately, but there are all 5 star reviews on it. 
I am happy to say, however, that PayPal found in my favour and issued a refund immediately.   What I want to know, though, is HOW this person hasn't been banned from PayPal by now?!?!?!  I need to find a way to report the scammer to IG and their web host.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.