Chinese seller lied

57LC
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item off FB feed, had NO idea it came from China. Instead of "Handmade trees from Sea Glass" for $41.98, I was sent two four inch plastic garbage trees that I wouldn't buy from the Dollar store! Opened Dispute. Several communications with XUE <removed>, refusing first piddly offer of $8 refund and succeeding increments of about 4-6 dollars. I did not back down, demanding my FULL refund and today XUE <removed>told PayPal that I accepted a refund of $34.00 - I DID NOT! Now Paypal says case closed! I am furious, do NOT like being lied to and am extremely disappointed in PayPal!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

bleelb
Contributor
Contributor

It looks I'm the latest one to be scammed.  I ordered nativity sets and paid $50.00 for what is little more than a tree ornament!  Came in plastic bag with crushed boxes.  I have filed complaint but from the looks of this page, I may be out of luck.  PayPal should shut down this merchant and send a message to its customers saying that the merchant has been denied opportunity to use PayPal due to complaints.  Else, why use PayPal???

Login to Me Too

Supermum3
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve now been told that I have to send the crappy piece. Of paper back at my own expense for them to rule in my favour but I’ve read reports that the scammers deny having recieved the returned item and keep the money anyway even though I’ve told them time and time again that it is a scam
Login to Me Too

bleelb
Contributor
Contributor

Adding to my earlier post...I looked up on internet the company/address in the return address, and they are in the business of scamming:  

https://www.checkbca.org/report/cne-156582644

<removed>, Lake Forest, CA <removed>--- several complaints, and none resolved.  

Login to Me Too

Lori509
Contributor
Contributor

UGH - I'm in the same situation with having ordered the Seaglass Christmas Trees from a Facebook ad and receiving Dollar Store garbage.  Same M.O. - they offer partial refunds, and keep increasing the dollar amount, but not giving me a total refund of my money.   INFURIATING.

Login to Me Too

Britbloke
Contributor
Contributor
Same here with the 3D wooden map....sent stickers. Been offered $6 refund....why are PayPal protecting these fraudsters?
Login to Me Too

montybgood60
Contributor
Contributor
I just got swindled on the Nativity, also. Could've gotten a nice one at the Dollar store! I filed a claim. Let's see where it goes.
Login to Me Too

amyms952
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased the same trees and received the same cheap clear plastic trees.  After going through 4 exchanges with offers of 6, 10, 14 & 18 dollar credit and keep the trees, I escalated the complaint.  Got a full refund, but only if I returned the trees to China!  Thought it would be more to return than what I paid ($37) but found the USPS could send them for $17.25.  Decided to do that but after at least 2 hours trying to navigate a return internationally, I understand how people like this get away with what they are doing.  It is way more problematic/costly to return the item and fight this system.  I've learned my lesson and will always check the source of what I'm ordering.  

If it weren't for the principle of all this I should have dropped it or accepted the $18 offer.  Had I known what lie ahead I would have! 

Login to Me Too

Britbloke
Contributor
Contributor
They will now deny receipt of the items and no refund will appear.
Login to Me Too

Lori509
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got a refund of $40 of the $53.98 I spent for what was supposed to be 2 sea glass Christmas trees (I received 2 Dollar Store junkie plastic trees).    And I didn’t have to waste my time or money returning the items - I just trashed them.   So only lost $13.98 - best I could do with this scammer I believe. The fact that they have no remorse for their lies and scams is just awful!   Really need to be shut down.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.