Chinese seller lied

57LC
Contributor
Contributor

Bought an item off FB feed, had NO idea it came from China. Instead of "Handmade trees from Sea Glass" for $41.98, I was sent two four inch plastic garbage trees that I wouldn't buy from the Dollar store! Opened Dispute. Several communications with XUE <removed>, refusing first piddly offer of $8 refund and succeeding increments of about 4-6 dollars. I did not back down, demanding my FULL refund and today XUE <removed>told PayPal that I accepted a refund of $34.00 - I DID NOT! Now Paypal says case closed! I am furious, do NOT like being lied to and am extremely disappointed in PayPal!

Login to Me Too
59 REPLIES 59

montybgood60
Contributor
Contributor
They steal the art from Etsy and Amazon.
Login to Me Too

Mimistoots
I had exactly the same experience, ordered the world map and paid for it with PayPal, thinking the company would support me if I got ripped off. Sadly, it looks like I'm completely out of the money I spent.
Login to Me Too

amyms952
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently my return was received today so we shall see what happens next!

Login to Me Too

KJS3
Contributor
Contributor
You need to escalate your complaint. I got a full refund in the end
Login to Me Too

MiddyM
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have an image of what I supposedly purchased?  I feel like a dope for buying into this.  I would purchase from the Etsy vendor for sure.

Login to Me Too

NWalsh
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently involved in the exact same dispute... my price was $58.98 and they offered $15 and to keep the junk they sent instead of what was advertised.  PayPal needs to protect buyers from this type of scam.

Login to Me Too

gilchatter
Contributor
Contributor

Me too  At first it didn't come and when I did receive the dollar store garbage I didn't recognize it as the one I ordered. PayPal denied my dispute in that I did receive a tree but not the sea glass one as promised  They closed my complaint now what do I do?  I paid $26.58 for this dollar store garbage.  Anyone have this guys contact info?  PayPal why are you not helping all the complaints about this guy?

Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

File a complaint against Paypal with your state's Attorney General, dispute the charge with your credit card if you can.   This has been happening for months, the pattern is clear, Paypal is clearly enabling this fraudulent activity.  Hundreds of forum posts on the same scam here and on manufacturers webpages, even the BBB has articles out how these Chinese scammers are using Paypal's policies against them and still Paypal does nothing. 

Login to Me Too

KJS3
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, on the process of dispute now. Watch this space, though I’m not hopeful 🙄
Login to Me Too

bleelb
Contributor
Contributor

I posted this below, but this message appears to be the original, so I'll put it here to help others.  Here's the contact information:

https://www.checkbca.org/report/cne-156582644

<removed>, Lake Forest CA <removed>

They are not acknowledging any complaints.  0 resolutions.  This needs to be taken upstairs to PAYPAL, so they stop letting people send $ to this merchant.  I don't know how to do that.  Maybe someone else does???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.