Chinese scam

Bretto2
New Community Member
I paid US $79 to a chinese company for a hanging hammock chair. In the post came a very cheap child’s necklace worth maybe $5. I just threw it in the bin thinking i did not order it and why would I. As far as records it showed a delivery had been made. I put in a resolution complaint and was told an item had been delivered. No recourse from Paypal. I am looking at no longer using this service now. I can not believe that they would allow this scam to continue. I have been fleeced for over US $70.00.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Yvonne1950
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same thing happened with ordering cheese boards and a cheap toothbrush arrived. Seems to have happened to everyone who ordered and same answer from PayPal. None of the numbers I have work.
Login to Me Too

Yvonne1950
Contributor
Contributor
I reported to Scamwatch and got a full refund from PayPal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bretto2 

Why would you open a dispute for non receipt when you had received something and so seller would win with tracking?

You should have opened a dispute for item received but not as described ie WRONG ITEM and then you would probably have won and got a refund and help with return postage if you had activated the below link.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yvonne1950
Contributor
Contributor
I did report as wrong item received. Reported to Scamwatch and received a full refund from PayPal
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.