Chinese scam - anything I can do?

Redwolf1430
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got scammed by one of those Chinese fake shops, that sell you one product but ship something completely bogus to you.

I have contacted the seller multiple times to try and resolve this on my own, finally I filled out a complaint and escalated it with Paypal. I attached my original order receipt and what they actually shipped me with the tracking number. Paypal denied my claim said "something" was delivered as the seller provided tracking confirmation of delivery, so as far as they are concerned its a done deal and I got what I paid for. The only return address is a p.o.box. anything I can do ? There is no information on how to contact support or anything further on paypal. same dead end when I call the customer support number.

Any advice? Thank so much everyone.

My last resort will be filing a complaint with FCC and contacting class action lawyer, as this seems to be a very popular scam with no resolution for the victims.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Cora9
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem, right now I'm waiting for PayPal to contact the Chinese company with my tracking number that proves that I returned their ugly doll they sent me,I'm loosing money already but I'm keeping records to show them to whomever needs them,we as a customers have to keep complaining because PayPal is part of this problem and we need to prove it,let me know who else wants to do this,or if you have any other ideas. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Redwolf1430
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I am keeping records as well and in contact with lawyers on a possible class action. There has to be SOME protection for consumers. It's ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Cora9
Contributor
Contributor
Yes,I'm with you!!
Login to Me Too

Cora9
Contributor
Contributor
I also invested time to track these companies and their mother/main site that took my payments thru PayPal is kokoerp They change the website names but use the same advertising, they also delete all bad reviews so other new customers will not be aware of the scams!!
Login to Me Too

Redwolf1430
Contributor
Contributor

I have tracked down multiple sites they use, all the same design and layout. all selling slightly different products. They use Alibaba Cloud, which has very cheap prices for hosting sites, and domains. They must have a clone feature which would explain how they are able to put up so many different sites so quickly and cheap. Most of these are also all shopify stores. I reported as many as I could to Alibaba Cloud.

It's just a let down to know Paypal has 0 resources for this sort of thing and side with these guys even when presented with evidence. This will be fixed one day with a class action. I have invested too much time now to stop. Do you know the domains names of the sites that scammed you? Thanks so much for your help!

Login to Me Too

Katotina121
There was no receipt with my order when it arrived. I’m so **bleep** and embarrassed that I got scammed out of $77. The only thing listed for the seller was a line of Chinese “letters.” What can I do? I don’t know how to contact the company with the limited information I have.
Login to Me Too

Redwolf1430
Contributor
Contributor

Cora I am not sure if you can post this on this forum. But do you have the web address of the company / store that scammed you? Thanks so much!

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

To file complaint against websites that commit internet crime, go to ic3.gov

Be sure to keep prove of submission, PP rep asked me to do that and upload to PP, my case resolved quickly after that. Of course getting a rep to help is the hard part, I was lucky I guess.

Login to Me Too

Redwolf1430
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the advise, I will take a look at the site and report.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.