Chinese business selling bad product

Jblksmith1
New Community Member
Having a problem with a seller Kaylee and tepid I am not the only one who has had an issue with the product not being worth $1. I paid $69.41 and it isn't the real item. in the dispute resolution they want me to return the item back to China which would cost over $100 to return. this company continues to do this to numerous people as can be found on the web and on PayPal. What does it take to stop this from happening and how do I get my money back?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jblksmith1 

What it takes is for people to shop smarter by doing a quick web search on merchant/site before buying. The info is at our finger tips! If you find no info, best to keep it moving.

If you claim item is counterfeit while on seller's listing states its authentic, you must submit proof that the item is counterfeit in the form of documentation from the original makers of the product, then PayPal 'might' decide to not require you to return in some cases, otherwise, PayPal may ask you to return item for a refund. That's how they typically resolve SNAD claims, return for a refund. If you do not prefer this decision, then you can forfeit the PayPal dispute altogether and dispute exclusively through your credit card instead, if that is how you paid.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jblksmith1 

What it takes is for people to shop smarter by doing a quick web search on merchant/site before buying. The info is at our finger tips! If you find no info, best to keep it moving.

If you claim item is counterfeit while on seller's listing states its authentic, you must submit proof that the item is counterfeit in the form of documentation from the original makers of the product, then PayPal 'might' decide to not require you to return in some cases, otherwise, PayPal may ask you to return item for a refund. That's how they typically resolve SNAD claims, return for a refund. If you do not prefer this decision, then you can forfeit the PayPal dispute altogether and dispute exclusively through your credit card instead, if that is how you paid.

PayPal has a return shipping refund program for future purchases if this return is not eligible:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Login to Me Too

Jblksmith1
New Community Member
The problem is that they masked their negative reviews. I should have done a more thorough search on the internet you are correct. that being said if PayPal realizes that a majority of their customers are not happy with this company why are we still doing business with them through PayPal?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jblksmith1 

There is that...merchant hiding their reviews. 

"that being said if PayPal realizes that a majority of their customers are not happy with this company why are we still doing business with them through PayPal?"

Really? C'mon, who are we kidding? Hehehe. Certainly PayPal "can" but whose to say the merchant don't make a new account and make a new store and do it all over again? These sites are like the spam of shopping online. They will never go away. The killing part is that they make money for someone. Someone once said "we", meaning us, humans, make money from problems. Alas, the onus is still on us, the consumer, to be careful of who we buy from.

Besides:

"No warranty

The PayPal services are provided “as-is” and without any representation or warranty, whether express, implied or statutory. PayPal specifically disclaims any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.

PayPal does not have any control over the products or services provided by sellers who accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal cannot ensure that a buyer or a seller you are dealing with will actually complete the transaction or is authorized to do so. PayPal does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to any part of the PayPal services, and operation of our websites, software, or systems (including any networks and servers used to provide any of the PayPal services) operated by us or on our behalf may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. PayPal will make reasonable efforts to ensure that requests for electronic debits and credits involving bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards, and check issuances are processed in a timely manner but PayPal makes no representations or warranties regarding the amount of time needed to complete processing because the PayPal services are dependent upon many factors outside of our control, such as delays in the banking system or the U.S. or international mail service. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you."

Disclaimer of Warranty & Release

Login to Me Too

Jblksmith1
New Community Member
I will call Synchrony Bank in the morning. I thought they were the same entity as PayPal but now realize I can try to dispute it that way.
Login to Me Too

satisfaction1
New Community Member

The difference I see now is in PayPal.  They used to take disputes more seriously than now.  It appears that commissions are now more important than the integrity of the sellers using them independent of private sites like eBay.   As for me...I guess I'm gonna go back to using the more tried and true way of using eBay or another reputable site to control the fraud as it appears that PayPal has changed their way of doing business.  

Login to Me Too

Juliez1

It seems to me that these companies have been able to sell this junk at over inflated prices through PayPal for years...although we have made complaints about these awful business it seems to fall on deaf ears...shame on PayPal for allowing these companies to use Them as a platform to accept payment...they are a disgrace, I have tried to dispute my purchase from them through PayPal and my credit card but because the garbage had been shipped no one wants to do anything to help me resolve this..they have over a $100 from me for worthless junk...shame on PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.