Chinese Seller sent fradulant product followed by fradulant offer to refund

bertreply
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully someone here can offer some advice. Or PayPal will actually communicate with me other than a virtual agent that has not helped.

I ordered nitrile procedure gloves from TiTi. They sent cheap unusable plastic gloves.

I disputed with PayPal.

TiTi offered to refund the $38.74 IF I would send the product I DID NOT ORDER back to CHINA at MY expense.

I have attempted for some time, with no avail time to communicate to PayPAl that this is NOT acceptable. If they want the $5 box of plastic gloves back, they will have to send me a pre paid RMA. Why would I pay to return an item to China I did NOT order?

IF PayPal is watching, it is Case ID: PP-D-73544939

Since the PayPal resolution center stated that I MUST respond by sending the product I did not order back to China, with no option to decline the "offer" or even communicate regarding TiTi's fallacious offer, I will be forced to report fraud to my bank, unless I hear from PayPal quickly

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Temp20220622A
Contributor
Contributor

This the latest type of Chinese online scam.  It's called 'bait and swap' whereby you get a pale imitation of what you ordered.  I suspect a company called Yinglian Trading Co. Ltd is behind this and it's costing PayPal a fortune, so much so they keep trying to wriggle out of their contract with you.  Persevere and make sure you tell PayPal you know it's a bait and swap scam perpetrated by the likes of Yinglian.  Why PayPal allow these crooks access to PayPal customers is beyond me!

Login to Me Too

mrgrandprix
New Community Member

I ordered a kayak and I got a 2" x 4" piece of foam I sent the foam back to the address in california from where it was sent. Paypal would NOT take the tracking # I provided ( sent by usps and full tracking# but paypal would not accept it) Then paypal said I should go to a site to fill out a complaint. The site asked a boat load of questions that I could not answer all the questions like this was all my fault. Paypal is going to get a lot of these requests for due compensation and they will answer these requests with what? buyer beware and paypal will NOT!!! back it's customers up. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, tough luck you got scammed. Thanks paypal what did I do to you? Thanks for nothing paypal.

Login to Me Too

Marantoesin
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know if its the same the same person or company but I bought a squishmallow and my money was sent to the PayPal Titi online and when I go to click the website and order number provided I get an error page saying that the page is nonexistent
Login to Me Too

Temp20220622A
Contributor
Contributor

The only thing you can do is persist with PayPal.  If they won't respond to the old case details open a new one and keep doing it.  I believe you can ring.  If in the UK <removed>

Login to Me Too

Blu74
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered on 10/10/20 2 cases “12 count per case” of quart mason jars with lids for table decorations for a wedding my GF was hired for I paid for an additional $8.50 for 2-3 day expedited shipping since it was time sensitve , well, the wedding was this past Sunday , & the jars didn’t arrive till 3,days after the wedding , I was in contact with TITI ONLINE & they just gave excuses, when the parcel finally arrived ? It was 2 jars ! Not the 2 cases I paid for! & worst yet PayPal has closed the case!! I just want my damn $ back! Help!!! Thieves!!!
Login to Me Too

CHoff

I ordered the massaging weighted heating pad from what I thought was an American company. I saved a picture of the order confirmation that had a gold star 30 day risk free guarantee on it. They took down the website and so most people couldn't even go back and show Paypal what they had ordered. I kept emailing TiTi Online that the shipment hadn't arrived. It finally arrived 9 hours after the shipping timeline only to find that it was just a regular old heating pad with no massaging capability and certainly not weighted. They sent fake tracking numbers twice, and said it was coming USPS. But when they responded to my Paypal complaint, they said that it would be cost prohibitive for me to mail it back to China and would knock $8 off the $40. Little did they know that I kept the shipping box and wrapping that gave the mailing address in California. Even still Paypal hasn't shut these people down. I am still waiting for Paypal to refund my money. Since I am sure my money is still in a holding pattern to confirm that the product shipped. Now comes the screwy part. Somehow on the response form, they have typed over all the responses so that you can't even read them. Don't know whether it was done by Paypal or Titi Online. I was able to send an email to Paypal explaining that the webpage was gibberish and she said she would post my response. Has anyone else had this problem.

Login to Me Too

perktequesta

The same thing happened to me! I ordered FOUR cases and got FOUR jars! They are all over the internet as fraudulent. Their website that I bought the jars from no longer exists! I have a dispute with PayPal and just escalated it because clearly these scammers are not going to refund me! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.