Chinese RIP offs and scams on Facebook

fredric21
New Community Member

I wish to warn all buyers and potential buyers of ongoing scams by Chinese crooks advertising on Facebook using fancy ripped off videos from genuine sellers. They offer tempting prices, do not deliver on time and then send worthless merchandise which is never what was ordered and paid for, and only after pressure has been applied by PayPal. When an escalated claim is made via paypal for wrong goods delivered, the scammers offer a partial refund only, usually around 40% of the purchase price. One company calls itself iGirl and trades as Aikpro Ltd. Another calls itself Studiocle, Phoenen.com, and Ladisla.com, amongst others, and trades as Guangte Network Technology Ltd.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

poggyj
Contributor
Contributor
I wish I had searched this website before I made a purchase. I initially opened a case with PayPal as I did not receive the ice maker I ordered. A few days later, I got a tracking number update. When this package arrived, it was a cheap plastic ring - NOT an ice maker. So I got in touch with PayPal & they changed the case to incorrect item received. The company then offered me a 20% refund which I declined in hope that PayPal will close the case in my favour as I have clearly been scammed!
Login to Me Too

Lorena141
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a patio umbrella via Facebook not realising it was coming from China. I received tiny parcel with cheap ring. I raised the issue on 17/7 with PayPal as buyer offered me some money back !!! I returned the item to China and as at today the issue is still to be resolved PayPal have NOT resolved it over 30 days now I am so disappointed to have been scammed and lack of updates from PayPal. I will never buy anything from Facebook again.
Login to Me Too

Lou106
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I was contacted by the Chinese company eventually after complaining to pay pal. They told me to return the £24.99 shoes, they said they would only accept DHL delivery with screen shot of correctly addressed parcel, I was astonished to find out it was going to cost me £56 to send back to China with DHL. So no choice but to have lost my money.
Login to Me Too

poggyj
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Lou If you paid via PayPal, they do offer a free returns service https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns Jess
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@poggyj 

The poster @Lou106 is in the UK, to post back the item she said was £56 and the 'return shipping on us' option covers you for up to £15, hence why they said it was not worth it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lou106
Contributor
Contributor
Have decided to donate the shoes to charity as I haven’t got a choice to get my money refunded. Lesson learnt will not be purchasing any items from Chinese company on fb.
Login to Me Too

Rosie823
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry this happened to you. I have joined a Facebook group called What I bought Vs what I got. Have a look at them - they have a huge list of these scammers & can tell you all the signs. Also look at reviews on companies on Facebook before you purchase and you can type their website into www.scamdoc.com to see if they are legitimate. Also look at on Facebook #facebookscam to see if they are mentioned there. Hope other people can be helped by this
Login to Me Too

FC069
New Community Member

The same happened to me. What I cannot understand is why PayPal are party to this. So much for buyer protection and possibly removing the Chinese Rip off company to allow using PayPal. I don't know if I am upset more with the Chinese Company or PayPal

Login to Me Too

poggyj
Contributor
Contributor
Just an update that it’s now been 11 weeks since I raised a dispute with PayPal and am yet to see a response. The estimated date keeps moving out. Makes me think that PayPal are struggling to close the case?! Fingers crossed it closes in my favour.
Login to Me Too

rockawsom
Contributor
Contributor

Likely won't happen, PayPal is NOT taking responsibility for these crooks. I filed a case for a purchase in May and just received this e-mail from PayPal in September (over 4 months later)...

We received the case(s) you filed on July 11, 2020.

We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested.

We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s).

Transaction information:

Dispute Case ID: PP-D-75759450

Transaction Amount: $24.88 USD

Dispute Amount: $24.88 USD

Transaction Date: May 19, 2020

Thanks,

PayPal

I provided them with everything they requested and waited since July 25th (supposedly waiting on the SELLER only to receive this without any prior notice.  So Angry.... guess it's live & learn & only $25

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.