Chinese RIP offs and scams on Facebook

fredric21
New Community Member

I wish to warn all buyers and potential buyers of ongoing scams by Chinese crooks advertising on Facebook using fancy ripped off videos from genuine sellers. They offer tempting prices, do not deliver on time and then send worthless merchandise which is never what was ordered and paid for, and only after pressure has been applied by PayPal. When an escalated claim is made via paypal for wrong goods delivered, the scammers offer a partial refund only, usually around 40% of the purchase price. One company calls itself iGirl and trades as Aikpro Ltd. Another calls itself Studiocle, Phoenen.com, and Ladisla.com, amongst others, and trades as Guangte Network Technology Ltd.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fredric21 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fredric21 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lou106
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I am new to this community I wish I had known this information before I ordered some orthopaedic shoes from fb advert. All of what you have said applies. I am trying to warm all fb friends of this scam.i am trying to get refund or exchange but Chinese company don’t want to know.No company address only e mail as you said.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lou106 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.
If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.

If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Toothfairyfish
Contributor
Contributor
My mistake was Cyere.com. Yup, ordered a shop vacuum and six weeks later I got 4 crappy face masks. It’s now October 4th and still nothing from PayPal. Can’t close my case because it’s still pending. PayPal doesn’t care one little bit. If they did, they’d shut these crooks out immediately. Very unhappy with them and as far as the crooked seller, they exist because nothing happens to them. Once bitten, twice shy!
Login to Me Too

67redgtx
Contributor
Contributor

I learned the hard way not purchase an American size from China.  Since the items had the correct size on them both the vendor and Paypal refused  to refund my money.  This is a rip off because the sizes they are shipping to the US are not the same.  I did send photos to the company and they said the product was also damaged.  I took a picture of the open envelope to show them the labels.  The package was ripped open but the items were fine.  I saw the items on Facebook and when I saw you could use paypal that was good enough for me.  I did not realize at any time that I was ordering from a Chinese company.  My faith in paypal has declined a bit.  They should not back this type of business.  If you check out the multiple names they go under the reviews are terrible.  The reviews are all complaining of the same things, delivery times, product disappointment and the unwillingness to take the product back and issue refunds.  

Well as they say...suck it up.  Next time I see the paypal protection pledge I will not feel as good about it. 

Login to Me Too

blackjackjackso
Contributor
Contributor

B.S.  paypal will NOT help you with refunds.  the chinese company sent me a partial order and would not fulfill the order.  i requested a refund, but the only way to get refund of $35. was to return the product to china via UPS or FedEX  at a cost of over $200!!!!  Paypal does not help and denied my requests.

i do not buy from china !  and i worry about using paypal b/c of their non-help

Login to Me Too

Tony8359
Twice I have been caught out by Chinese scammers. PAYPAL should stop all Chinese from using PayPal . Don't think PayPal cares and the problem is that when someone gets scammed and receives worthless tat, they are too embarrassed to do anything about it so the scammers get away with it. Time to stop buying from China. Must bd costing PayPal a fortune.
Login to Me Too

ZEUSSS
I believe a class action lawsuit against Facebook is appropriate. It is Facebook who allows these companies overseas to sell bogus products that are not any thing as what has been shown for sale on facebook.
Login to Me Too

JKitty21

I agree. I should have known when the only payment option was via PayPal. I tried to cancel the payment 10 minutes later but it was already too late. I had to call PayPal customer service 3 times before I got a refund because the fake company claimed the item was delivered. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.