Chinese Fraud

BobTheBuilder3
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an Item from Shenzhen Jiumenghudong Network Technology Co Ltd also known as Menineshop who claimed to have despatched a hand held battery operated garden pruner:: was advertised on Facebook and is the second problem I have had buying through Facebook ( who don't care and don't even answer emails about the fraudulant sellers on their site)  anyway they refused to reply to emails and when I escalated the matter to Paypal they came up with tracking information claiming that the item was delivered that is false. At this stage I can't contact Paypal but am continuing to try and explain that the details supplied by the seller are false has anyone any Idea how to get Paypal to respond PLEASE.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Colorado7
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same problem.  The domain name they sold under is now offline, and the emails to their support come back as undeliverable.  

These are tactics commonly employed by shady companies, and only shady companies.  Not sure how PayPal can rule in their favor, when the only "evidence" was a tracking number from a Chinese shipper that doesn't even perform delivery in most of the US.  Why PayPal didn't follow the thread and ask them for a corresponding USPS or other carrier, is beyond me.

Very disappointed in PayPal.

Login to Me Too

BobTheBuilder3
Contributor
Contributor

new problem is we have now received the package and instead of a battery powered hand held cutter we have a piece of chain but PayPal won't answer the phone don't reply to emails and there seems no way to contact them don't know where to go from here

Login to Me Too

Colorado7
Contributor
Contributor

I got the handheld chain also.

Orginally, I figured it was a freebie from one of the many other things I order from Amazon or something.  I just tossed it on the shelf without thinking, while my "item not received" dispute was open with PayPal.  I wondered how the shipper managed to get "proof" of delivery, and then it dawned on me.  The little cheapo item (the chain) that fits in the mailbox was their proof of delivery.

I re-opened the dispute with PayPal and changed the reason to "wrong item" (or something like that), instead of "item not received".

At this point I don't care about the 30$.  I just want PayPal to do something about these Chinese pop-ups that use these obviously fraudulent tactics.  It would be one thing if ALL of them were like this, then we could just blame it on our own stupidity for falling for it.  But, I've ordered several things successfully so how can you tell at the outset if you are buying from an honest or dishonest vendor?

Whenever possible I try to get from Amazon, and when not possible, I go direct from a reputable company.  If neither of these things are possible, I either do without, or limit my risk to 50$ or less, and NEVER use a debit card.  

Login to Me Too

Colorado7
Contributor
Contributor

I am hoping that everyone who got caught up in this are now reaching the end of their "dispute resolution" and will be coming here for more information like we did.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.