Chinese Clothing Company Rip Off

JaneyBundy
Contributor
Contributor

In a recent dispute in which Annie Cloth sent one of four items, PayPal changed my dispute to not being satisfied with the item received midway through the complaint process and demanded I provide some extensive documentation by filing a criminal complaint. I wasn't happy with the item received, but didn't want to pay return shipping. My PayPal dispute related only to the three items never received. The company even admitted not sending these items. I only wanted the refund for those items. I was unable to get PayPal to respond to me about the change in the complaint once they changed it to the item received. Is this the usual process for complaints? Reading online since this debacle, I see many complaints about receiving partial orders from Chinese clothing companies. I thought I could trust PayPal for protection. Now I am ready to close the account if this is how the process works.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaneyBundy 

An item not received claim will fail if the seller can provide trackable proof of delivery of an item to you.

So you would need to file a dispute for item received but not as described ie quantity 1 instead of 4.

Paypal do not get involved in part refund or incomplete quantities, that is for you to try and resolve with the seller during the dispute phase of the claim.

Once its a claim the ONLY option you get if the seller has responded at all is a full refund on return of what you have received back to the seller.

Sadly you bought from a tat China website so the cost to return is often more than the item is worth,

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaneyBundy 

An item not received claim will fail if the seller can provide trackable proof of delivery of an item to you.

So you would need to file a dispute for item received but not as described ie quantity 1 instead of 4.

Paypal do not get involved in part refund or incomplete quantities, that is for you to try and resolve with the seller during the dispute phase of the claim.

Once its a claim the ONLY option you get if the seller has responded at all is a full refund on return of what you have received back to the seller.

Sadly you bought from a tat China website so the cost to return is often more than the item is worth,

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JaneyBundy
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. Did not know about the partial refund thing. There was no tracking number. I did ask PayPal to explain the change from refund to return, but never got an answer. These Chinese companies seem to have learned this way around the system. I saw many complaints online about not receiving all the items ordered. Return shipping and the large amount of time wasted jumping through hoops with PayPal make it unlikely many will carry through with these complaints. Seeing how easy it is to lose money when using PayPal has been a wake up call. My online buying is about to take a nose dive.
Login to Me Too

LadyBountiful1
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had the same rip off from a company called Calltacticalmen (what a name) who supplied after a 7 week wait an item nothing like what was advertised but a cheap nylon piece of tat I would not ever wear. Paypal have rejected my claim saying the item is not "materially different" from the item advertised which means a robot must have scanned my photos and recognised some similar colours. It is blindingly obvious. It is sad to think that a bona fide customer who has used Paypal for years suddenly feels they are just not interested in any Customer satisfaction because every attempt to communicate with them today has been a total waste of time - left on line for 40 minutes or directed to their phone line which is closed due to the virus. Very helpful - not. So these Chinese sites just keep scamming us and Paypal sits back and does nothing. And the items are advertised on Facebook every day so Facebook is allowing it too. What a depressing world.

Login to Me Too

Send product back and they keep my money!!!
Login to Me Too

danhortert
New Community Member

Sadly it has happened to me to the tune of about $150 in total goods.  I've had luck purchasing from FB in the past but will never to so again.

Login to Me Too

AKMARMOT
Contributor
Contributor

Why does Paypal allow payment to this Annie's Clothes which operates  out China but leads a buyer to believe they are a US site?  The tracking numbers don't work.  Go to TrustPIlot. com and Annie's has a -96% rating.  Go to any site that rates Annie's or any name found on your bill and over 90%  of buyers have a bad experience from them.  They are not one time bad sellers.  They only post the positive ratings on their site which is even more misleading.

Login to Me Too

tizzybears
New Community Member

I was recently ripped off by another Chinese company who only sent a partial order, the company is MyArgon and they advertise heavily on Pinterest and sell a variety of items including dog beds. I filed a items not received with PayPal and was rejected because the company supplied a delivery ticket and said I received the items purchased. I DID NOT get but two of the four items I ordered and one of those two items was unacceptible because it was not complete. I was out nearly fifty dollars so called my credit card company. The credit card company protected me however and backcharged the seller when PayPal didn't help. My card company said not to buy from these non verified out of country sellers so I will never again buy from My Argon or any other Chinese company. Try to get resolution directly from your card company. 

Login to Me Too

AKMARMOT
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, do not use a debit card.  You will never get your money back if you use a bank debit card.  I used a bank debit card.  After months of fighting with Annie's, Paypal gave me my money back.  The most important thing you can do is film the package and what was in it.  The next is don't wait, complain asap because PAYPAL has time limits.  I agreed don't buy from Chinese companies.  But, I didn't even know they were a Chinese company because they  had an address in KY.  Only when I received that items did I see they came from to China.  I was lucky Paypal gave me back all of my money.  But, I was persistent.  Funny, Annie learned I received a refund.  They wanted paid for the two shirts that fell apart.  I said, "Oh, I sent you a check to the address where you told me to return those two shirts that fell apart."  They said cancel that check and pay us now via Paypal.  You can't return the 2 of 4 shirts received because it is over 30 days." Never mind I complained day 1 from receipt.  I already knew the address for returns was not valid as several people said you will return those shirts to that address at a cost more than the shirts and you will loose the shirts and your postage.  That is what Annie does.  I, to have a clear conscious, sent those rags to KY and from the China address, COD, shipping to be paid by receiver.  Who knows where they ended up?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.