China

Sonja1875
New Community Member
Ordered an item from china, something completely different arrived and now the website has come down and it wont let me report in resolution centre.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Narayan1973
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order for 20" chainsaw on May 25th, not knew its coming from China as the address shows USA location Got tracking #, I received 5 masks instead of chainsaw. Reported as scammed, and emailed several times complaining about it but PayPal closed the case in the seller's favor without considering it as a cam and did nothing and let the seller leave with my money, deleted my Paypal account as it seems they are also part of the scam. 

Login to Me Too

Windyone

Don't worry Paypal will **bleep** you over if you get to dispute it.

I ordered two sun loungers and a crap ring appeared six weeks later and paypal sided with the scammers who said they had proof of delivery.

I also gave paypal proof of delivery of the said **bleep**e ring and asked how two sun loungers would fit in the tiny bag?

Tossers..

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I fell for very similar scam, ordered RC helicopter, got 2 masks. I filed dispute, escalated to claim, then was asked to send masks back to Hong Kong. I refused and started chat session pleaded my case to 4-5 agents before one helped me get a refund without having to send crap back. I googled return address in Hong Kong and it turned out to be bogus anyway.

This is a common scam taking advantage of a huge PP loophole in their business practices. PP surely knows about how these scams operate but choose to stand by.

Other than PP customer service, others have been able to recover by filing compaint with their credit card comapny, assuming that's how transaction was funded.

Login to Me Too

scamvictimO_O
Contributor
Contributor

Hopefully you paid PayPal with a credit card, and can dispute the charge with your bank.  That worked for me.   It appears PayPal typically sides with the scammer in these cases.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.