Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China “sending wrong item” scam

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: China “sending wrong item” scam

Do you think my bank would be able to refund me the amount? Also, i sent my package back and somehow it was delivered in Italy instead of China. A Paypal rep told me that because of this, I may lose this case. EVEN THOUGH there are clearly so many other details showing they’re fraudulent. Do you advise against letting the scammers know that I caught on to them?
Highlighted
Contributor

I found it most helpful to turn up the heat. Let them know you want your money and if no refund, you’ll work tirelessly to get them shut down.
Highlighted
Contributor

Ya have your bank take care of dispute thats what i did. They knew right away they scamming people. Paypal i heard maybe facing a massive law suit from people because of this and similar issues.
Highlighted
Contributor

to anyone else do not open packet just write return to sender you do not accept package. They will return it to new york or wherever it came in the u.s
Highlighted
Contributor

Paypal will accept the seller's tracking information that will show that the item was delivered. Simply returning the package will not get a refund. You need to file a dispute and follow Paypal's instructions ... & return item tracked, claiming costs from Paypal (register for 'return shipping on us').
Highlighted
Contributor

Sounds like a comment of someone that thinks this is ok behavior. Paypal won't do nothing. You only can dispute w bank i wouldn't bother sending back you 2 paper facemasks etc they sent to scam w tracking. Dont open packaging if its not it, you can tell its not inside by reading package it will say whats inside from customs. So return to sender. I did it just fine, my bank recovered my money. Paypal said its ok to support fraudulent activity from china even w clear evidence.
Highlighted
Contributor

Hello this happened to me as well. I ordered Eternal light guardian angels off a Facebook ad. I purchased3 of them and had nothing but issues from the very beginning. When they finally arrived they were not what I ordered but cheap garden lights which were certainly not worth the $19.99 US each I paid. Ended up costing me $83 Company replied that I should sell them to friends and offered a 10% discount on my next order. Truly I will never ever buy from them again. I am trying to get a refund wish me luck
Highlighted

Paypal is aware, they don't care and won't issue refunds
Highlighted
Contributor

It’s put me off using PayPal again
Highlighted

Same here! I was informed today that I would have to return the item (at my expense) and have it to them by 9/24/20 ... this isn't even remotely possible!! The seller knew this. I ordered a Queen size blanket green and got a smaller than Twin size pink blanket. 100% different material than what was advertised. I am furious. The seller even said that return shipping would likely be more than I paid so it "probably wasn't worth it" ... so obviously a scam. How can PayPal allow this?? Isn't the protection they offer the incentive to even use PayPal at all? Complete B/S.