China “sending wrong item” scam

Starsky72
Contributor
Contributor

So....

1) item advertised on Facebook

2) You buy two of them, pay via PayPal $29.90

3) Item arrives, nothing like as described and is damaged

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued, before 4 January

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Paypal are allowing this scam to happen.  I should have lied and simply said I never eeceived it

Login to Me Too
171 REPLIES 171

joegold100
Contributor
Contributor

I'm happy to notify that PayPal reversed the payment and the dispute was closed in my favor after submitting the IC3 report. Thank you PayPal for finally seeing this scam for what it is.

Login to Me Too

surlybill
Contributor
Contributor

Wow joegold, all I got was crickets from Paypal even after sending the IC3 report, because I was "too late". Paypal helped Resiste.com **bleep** me out of $52.

Login to Me Too

Tomred0_3
Contributor
Contributor
They seem to have closed their eyes again and are perpetuating these scams
Login to Me Too

Temp20201011c
Contributor
Contributor
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns Here’s the link for your return shipping refund.
Login to Me Too

Chrissieb2
Contributor
Contributor
Problem is shipping is £47.99!
Login to Me Too

djleepanda
Contributor
Contributor
This is exactly what happened to me. It's a scam.
Login to Me Too

BeccaSD
New Community Member

I'm in the process of disputing a transaction where item sent was not what I ordered (and of significantly lower value). Obviously this is a calculated scam and the expected response from Chinese seller has been received - offering various degrees of lesser discounts etc. Asking for me to return said item at my own cost. Sellers 'returns policy' actually states that only high value items are necessary to be returned when there is an issue with the item delivered, which may possibly work in my favour.

I don't understand how PayPal can rule in favour of a seller who does this, where as a consumer you have every expectation that if your order is wrong when it arrives, you should expect the mistake to be corrected at no further cost to you. There are various consumer rights acts in the UK to this affect. If I had bought the item direct through eBay I would be covered, as eBay is clear that incorrect or faulty items are returned at sellers expense and not buyers.

Login to Me Too

HammYY
Contributor
Contributor
I find myself with the same problem. They sent completely wrong (cr@p) items. When complaining they agreed they never sent the ordered item and offerred increasing % refund/discount, saying it would cost me over $20 to return. I raised a dispute with Paypal obviously who never read any of my complaint or seller correspondence, and declared that since they had a delivery track showing that I had received an item (completely wrong items), and they found in the sellers favour!! So if I order and pay for bicycle and get sent 3 x candles, its my problem!!! I've now set my Paypal to use a Credit Card which will give me some protection. I am very disappointed in Paypal, so much so that I am contemplating cancelling my account, which has never had any dispute in 12 years.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201011c
Contributor
Contributor
Same! PayPal seems to have a relationship with a known scammer heyjue or heyjue.com. Same group operates an online “boutique” using misleading photos of beautiful items but sends embarrassing reproductions that aren’t even a little bit acceptable. PayPal provides an address in China (that ends up being undeliverable btw and the $29 shipping I paid doesn’t include handling the package after it arrives at some building in China with a nonexistent floor). PP states that since I “kept” the first dress they sent, I’m not entitled to a refund of the other FOUR similar items I ordered that never shipped according to the order status on heyjue.com. Also, when you email the company via the website, it’s either undeliverable or replies to by a sus auto-generated email from an address unrelated to the purchase. Ex: service “at” hovaana.com* kicks back my email when I hit “contact us” Edited to meet pp’s requirement not allowing email addresses in text...
Login to Me Too

Temp20201011c
Contributor
Contributor

Any chance you bought clothes from an online “boutique” with a cutesy name like heyjue dot com or rather heyjue.com? And ironically emails are nearly impossible to send to the retailer. If they do reply it’s from a name unrelated to the company you THOUGHT you were dealing with. Yes, PayPal will rule in their favor while allowing its agent to treat you like scum for expecting a refund.<removed>still gets emails from me today. That’s the address that comes up when I try to contact heyjue about my $170ish dollars I paid them via PayPal plus the $29 I spent on shipping to return their garbage to the fraudulent address PayPal provided in China. The package disappeared a week after it got to China as undeliverable. NOW PayPal says they can’t refund my money bc I kept their dress. Never mind the proof of mailing the package provided at their request. Photos at USPS and sending the ORIGINAL receipt in for alleged reimbursement. So mad!! Guess where I spend all my expendable income and purchase nearly everything that comes into my home? amazon, bc they don’t deal with PayPal!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.