cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

China “sending wrong item” scam

SOLVED
Chemdave

Re: China “sending wrong item” scam

I bought an $80 pool and recieved a $10 pool. $200 return shipping. Paypal just enabled. Luckily, the company I bought it from claimed a false Thedford Nebraska address that I could demand to send it to or the california address that it was sent from. Filing BBB complaint and launching an IC3 investigation against the company and paypal worked well. Sending that documentation to paypal got my case elevated to the "back office" and I was awarded a full refund and got to keep the item sent, even though it was worthless to me. Furthermore, the companys website was shut down within a couple of weeks. File an ic3 report to get these scams stopped!
Tags (1)
DF35
Contributor

I am going through this same scenario right now. I know this scam exists so I’m careful about not purchasing anything from China, problem is their marketing ads and videos are not transparent as to where the seller is located. They intentionally give the impression they are US based.
mj_
Contributor
Contributor

Another caught in the same scam, only approach I can think of is to stop using Paypal.

Paypal are not interested in protecting against this, the scammers clearly know how to cheat the system to answer the questions as needed.  Make the resolution difficult from our side and deliver a poor product badged up as what you ordered.

Paypal, are powerless, or actively encouraging this, not sure right now but there are a lot of comments in this thread for it not to be something they couldn't be doing something about.

boler4
Contributor

PayPal has resolved my case and ruled in my favor. China has this scam going where they send the wrong item and use the tracking number to say the package was received. Take a photo of what you receive and a photo of what you ordered.
JSG40
Contributor

Has happened to me when tems sent was nothing like what was ordered but PayPal found in sellers favour as a tracking number showed they were delivered even though they were nothing like what was ordered 

Lkbrooks
Contributor

I have the same problem ordered what I thought was an all seeing and all dancing realistic husky for my daughter. I'd originally been offered a very low percentage from the seller. They admitted to the mistake. Then through Resolution Centre I was eventually offered the full refund but I have to pay for the cost of returning the item. I shall be out of pocket, if will cost much more to return. But there's nowhere in the dispute to upload any other information except the tracking number. Why isn't there the option to put more info?
dulia271
Contributor

I placed an order last June 6. I paid for a spinning bike. After months I got an envelope with the same tracking number that they told. I got a RING. I opened a dispute, I provide the picture of the envelope. The seller kept sending emails offering a discount, in each letter I replied that I paid for a bike, not for a ring. They replied that I got the order, I told them that I got an envelope but not what I ordered. At last, PayPal closed my case because they confirmed that I got my order. So the Seller and PayPal didn't get it 😕  I sent the picture of the small envelope showing the ring and tracking number, but I guess they just didn't care. What can I do? Help! Thank you

Temp20201130b
Contributor

Same problem. Yet PayPal ignores it, even though they have had thousands of complaints about this scam. 

ginginjuneau
Contributor

This is happening to me right now and I feel completely ripped off. I know I will never order from any of these sites ever again. I almost don't want to use PayPal anymore if they can not do anything about it. 

dulia271
Contributor

After PayPal closed my case, they didn't even reply the multiple text that I wrote :(.  I sent them even pictures proving that the seller send me the wrong item, and PayPal didn't even consider them. They only confirmed that I got my order, it didn't matters if were "stones",  got "an order" so was enough for them 😕