China “sending wrong item” scam

Starsky72
Contributor
Contributor

So....

1) item advertised on Facebook

2) You buy two of them, pay via PayPal $29.90

3) Item arrives, nothing like as described and is damaged

4) Seller offers small percentage as refund, I refuse.

5) Escalate the complaint in Paypal

5) PayPal state I need to send back, tracked, and the seller has to confirm delivery before a refund will be issued, before 4 January

6) Tracked postage costs more than I’d get in a refund

7) Seller wins..

I end up out of pocket with a broken item that is different in every way (size, materials, quality) from what I ordere, plus I ordered two and didn’t receive them

Paypal are allowing this scam to happen.  I should have lied and simply said I never eeceived it

Login to Me Too
171 REPLIES 171

stonzie

I think we should all set up a face book page and name and sham them all ,and mention paypall as well in coments mmake it go virel

Login to Me Too

Jamesemorse1
Contributor
Contributor

I bypassed Paypal and went to Amex, they refunded my money. Always use Credit Card. Thanks

Login to Me Too

smbussell12
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to me only my items came from USA and they want me to ship back to China to force me to keep items or lose money.  I was wondering if I would have to just go through my bank.

Login to Me Too

LTHT

why Paypal kept letting these things happening again and again? This solution is not really a solution in which the evidence is clearly show the scamming??

Login to Me Too

Sallie3
Contributor
Contributor
Seems so many PayPal users have been scammed and got no support from PayPal. I’ve been using PayPal for almost 20 years and believed all their blurb about being protected - until you need them to step in and discover they’re not interested, it’s all lip service and you’re on your own. I’m so disgusted with the real life service from them I’ve taken the decision not to use PayPal anymore, even though it’s so easy to use and why I’ve stayed so long. Going back to a credit card (and will never, ever buy anything from China again).
Login to Me Too

DoctorMeat
Contributor
Contributor
The fact that I called them after this whole ordeal and told them to close my account… AND I can still login and reply here is silly. They have some random tax hold on my account that I’ve had since 2006-7ish. So I can’t delete my own account. So I called them and told them My account should be individual/personal not business. They said we need your business tax id to remove the hood so you can then close your account. Told them it doesn’t exist because I’m not a business and never have been. She just said well you can just consider your account closed because you can’t use it. As soon as they moved customer service to the scam capital of the world, I knew we were all **bleep**. Venmo sent a legal email too saying you won’t take part in any class action lawsuits. Make sure to opt out asap so you still can.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Starsky72 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20201011c
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely buyer beware. Frankly, I found the fact that PayPal vouched for the company to be a worthy validation... I was foolish. Something smelled fishy when I sent an email to Heyjue com just moments after placing my order and it was kicked back as undelivered. I contacted PayPal IMMEDIATELY and was told they couldn’t refund monies not yet taken by the company. I shared my fears and was told by PayPal that has PayPal has “record of thousands transactions with this retailer with no complaints or issues that weren’t resolved to PalPal’s satisfaction this year...” I placed my faith in PayPal. I believed them and I believed they would protect me if this were a blatant scam. They did not and it is. Like the commenter above, I followed the directions given to me to the letter and was ultimately told that my judgement was off, the dress was “even lovelier than promised” by a PayPal dispute resolution agent. I thank you for the link. I did indeed find out about that program and recouped my shipping money. Oddly, not one of the 8+ agents I spoke with via chat and phone mentioned that I was eligible to opt in to that program; my employer’s dad mentioned it. Buyer beware, PayPal does not offer buyer protection.
Login to Me Too

Nezuko
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact issue, well, close to it.

I ordered several clothing items from China. Only one item has arrived and the others were never shipped.

After opening a case the seller agreed on refunding the missing items AFTER I close the case (the reasoning was that the funds are frozen...). I didn’t do it because I would’ve been out of protection and instead escalated it to PayPal.

Now PayPal and seller have agreed on me shipping the one item back to china in order to get a full refund. That was not the original agreement and I have no way to object to PayPal’s decision on this.

Good thing is the dispute is about $80 and shipping would cost me $14. So it’s wort forking up the shipping fee. But the seller has a bad reputation online (teaches me not to blind buy anymore....) and I lead to believe once I return the item they’ll claim something is wrong and deny me the full refund. Meaning I will be out of my money, my order and shipping.

I still have to decide if I want to ship or just cut my loses and learn from this....

fml

Login to Me Too

Temp20201011c
Contributor
Contributor
I’m super curious about the shipping procedure you’ve been directed to follow. I ordered 5 items. I recieved ONE and it is not even a decent reproduction of the dress I purchased on their website. I mailed the dress back to what proved to be a NONEXISTENT address. Once the package was deemed undeliverable, it completely disappeared. PayPal has the audacity to accuse me of keeping the dress and submitting a forgery for my proof of shipping/tracking info bc, “mail doesn’t disappear”. Ship it. But first opt in to the link provided by the commenter telling us that we should have known better, should have used a credit card, got what we deserved... I deserved to give money to a con artist and allow PayPal to colllect fees in the process!!?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.