China seller won't gave me a refund until I ship the item back

Pysiek
Contributor
Contributor

Bought something that on the website says it's made in usa. Came couple months later from China. Should be made out f titanium but it's made from plastic. Start a claim for a full refund. Now seller says to ship it back to china. But why I have to pay for return shipping if it wasn't my fault? Can I just not agree with the sellers offer?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

aaron4122
New Community Member

i am in exact same situation, what am i supposed to do?

why wont paypal penalise these dodgy sellers ??

Login to Me Too

Pysiek
Contributor
Contributor

The worst part is I included a link to the website that seller copy to make his website. PayPal still accepts sellers offer? They are fraud. Everything about that transaction was set up to make money on cheap items. 

Login to Me Too

violet051
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same boat with 2 disputes on products saying 'ships from the USA', but actually only after they come from China!   Waiting since late March.  These are scams and Paypal should do right by the buyer and issue refunds.  No product=refund.  Its obvious these scammers took advantage of the pandemic with false advertising.

Login to Me Too

Pysiek
Contributor
Contributor

Instructions I got from PayPal

What I would recommend is actually enrolling in "return shipping on us" in order to have that label paid for. Allow me to send you the steps in order to enroll.

To enroll in Return Shipping on Us, please visit: www.PayPal.com/Returns.

Here is a summary of some of the most important information related to making a claim: •This program is for buyers only and is not applicable for seller's shipping costs.
•Requests must be submitted within 30 days of shipping the item back to the seller.
•The maximum amount you can be refunded per claim is $30 USD.
•You can make a maximum of 12 claims per year.
•Only one refund is allowed per PayPal transaction ID, which can be found in your PayPal account. If you return several items from the same transaction at once, that will be considered a single return and will be subject to the applicable refund cap.
•You will need to upload documents to prove the amount you paid for shipping and that you shipped the items back to the seller; see “What information do I have to provide with my Refund request claim form?” on the terms and conditions page.
•You must follow all return instructions and policies of the seller.
•You can only make a refund request if the seller doesn’t already offer to cover the return shipping.
•You must have purchased the item within the last 150 days.
•If the shipping amount exceeds $30.00 USD and all requirements are met, up to $30.00 USD will be refunded.
•As long as the service is active, regardless of when the customer is enrolled, and is within the last 150 days, the customer may still be eligible to use the free return shipping program. Direct queries should be directed to Telus.

Here's how to request a return shipping refund: 1.Return the purchased item to the seller within the required timeframe and retain postage receipt and documentation (you'll need to show the return address, so if you do not have it written on the postage receipt, take a photo that shows the return address on the actual package you're sending).
2.Go to your Activity page and click the relevant transaction.
3.Click Request return shipping refund under “Return shipping refunds.”
4.Select the correct category and return reason from the drop-down menus.
5.Select how you have paid for your return shipping. If you have paid for it yourself, upload the requested documents.
6.Enter the return shipping costs and the currency used.
7.Enter the date of the return using the calendar tool.
8.Indicate that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
9.Click Submit.
After submitting the request, you’ll receive an email confirming the open request. A second email will confirm the outcome of your request.

Here's how you can view the status of your return shipping refund request: 1.Click View past return shipping requests under “Return shipping refunds.”
2.View the current status of your request.
Login to Me Too

Pysiek
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous. Seller says he will give me full refund if I ship the item back. PayPal send me their address which is name of town and some chinese letters. Post office won't take it. PayPal , seller won't respond to my messages . When I called customer service says they need to transfer me to dispute customer service. When they transfer me automatic message says due to covid situation dispute center is closed. If I won't respond to PayPal with tracking number by June 17th the will automatically close the case and I won't be able to re-open it. Is this is how they deal with customers?  

Login to Me Too

exxtwo
New Community Member

what to do if seller not providing return label to ship to china and paypal supporting that scammers?

Login to Me Too

TinyPixie
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know I'm in the exact same boat - I received a **bleep** plastic ring after ordering sewing patterns that were supposed to come from Germany

So first I got import taxes because it came from China - of course those won't get reimbursed 

Second I have to PAY for a effing tracking number to get reimbursed and of course it's in Chinese letters so my post office won't take it, and also, tracking costs 16 USD - my order was 36 USD, it is ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.