China retail clothing scam

Anick-Rochon
Contributor
Contributor

Haiwen Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd. Is a Fraudulent Clothing company advertised through Facebook and they have scammed me for close to $500 CAD and PayPal won't help me!

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Jacqui2030
Contributor
Contributor
Shenzhen Weimeike Soft Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd. issued a £19.84 GBP refund
Login to Me Too

Daniel595
How did you manage to get a refund
Login to Me Too

CPEZ
Contributor
Contributor
Item was faulty and significantly not as described plus I had photos of the advert for a whole pallet of goods and image of the one tiny electrical item received. PayPal refunded me no quibble or costly return.
Login to Me Too

Canxun
I was one of the victims. I can help you report to the Chinese police and we will arrest them together
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anick-Rochon 

Difficult to advise as you haven't said what steps you have taken so far regarding disputes etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Maria555
Contributor
Contributor

Anick, I reported a problem to Paypal. What I ordered was not what I received. I am a 62 year old woman and not hard up for €100. It is the principle of the situation at this stage! Absolute rubbish was sent to me. Paypal advised me to mail the items back which I did. I mailed a photo of the returned parcel plus the post paid. I am awaiting an outcome. But again I will not give up as again, principle now!!!

Login to Me Too

kateprocter
Contributor
Contributor

i am also waiting for 92 USD to be returned to me, the PayPal dispute was closed and nothing has been done. I sent the clothes back but have no news. they sent me 4 pieces completely different to this ordered. no reply on the email. it is so frustrating 

Login to Me Too

DMC53
Contributor
Contributor

This is probably the same company that is advertising Amazon & eBay backlog, picking, liquidation merchandise for sale. You can choose 1, 2, or 3 boxes. There ad shows people unloading a large box of electronic and other items. In reality, what you get (for 2 boxes) is a mailing envelope with 2 small electronic devices. This is a scam of major proportions. Don’t buy from them. The actual company name is Shenzhen Weimeike Soft Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd.

Login to Me Too

Paul944
Contributor
Contributor

Seems Paypal does no do any due diligence to block scammers like this. I ordered some Amazon backlog items on <Removed>, which claims to be fully US owned and operated, and got the paypal  address of Shenzhen Weimeike Soft Decoration Engineering Co., Ltd. The positive is the company actually sends some items although it is obvious not from Amazon but just Chinese rubbish. After starting a dispute via Paypal I got first an offer of a 20% refund and later of 50% which I accepted. So complaining via Paypal as soon as possible can get you some money back.

What I learned was, if some one has a Paypal account it does not mean he/she is actually your pal. I guess as long this account is not blocked by Paypal they will continue to use it for new scamming websites.

Login to Me Too

Straaheid
New Community Member

PayPal wash their hands of everything when the seller tells them the goods have been delivered.  They don't say what has been delivered and as far as PayPal are concerned the transaction has been completed.

There are far too many scammers operating espcially from China and PayPal don't care as long as they get their fees.

The "protection" we had become used to from PayPal doesn't now exist.

I ordered the same as everyone else on here and look to have lost £38.  Serves me right for not checking.

I tried to cancel within 1 hour of ordering (their terms and conditions state cancellation must be made withing 12 hours of order) and I got a reply from them next day saying it was too late to cancel as goods had already been shipped.  Total con.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.