China refund postage costs!

BLUETOP15
Contributor
Contributor
Can anybody tell if they have ordered any goods off Instagram in good faith only to find out that it’s a scam and you are sent ( if your lucky that is ) something completely different and substantionaly cheaper ? Then to add insult to injury YOU HAVE TO PAY THE RETURN POSTAGE BACK TO CHINA 😳!! Totally wrong but it’s happened to me on more than a few occasions and I’m sick to death of being caught out like this on Instagram..
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BLUETOP15 

If it's cute item and novel and cheap or too good to be true price, forgetaboutit. Stick to the merchants/sites you know is trusted to deliver what is advertised. Do research on the merchant before buying. Or steer clear of those ads. Fool me once...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BLUETOP15 

If it's cute item and novel and cheap or too good to be true price, forgetaboutit. Stick to the merchants/sites you know is trusted to deliver what is advertised. Do research on the merchant before buying. Or steer clear of those ads. Fool me once...

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BLUETOP15
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your words of advice, I’m normally not so easily taken in but when you see adverts that look so professionally produced you tend to feel that you can trust the sellers.
Login to Me Too

Crisetta
Contributor
Contributor
Yes this is a thinly disguised scam . I’m trying to get the postage back from PayPal, but the bit on the transaction where you can request this has been removed
Login to Me Too

Lew212
Contributor
Contributor
Yes me too, bought lots of clothes and received completely different colours and some items missing. They said I could place my order again at 60%!! But didn’t mention anything about refunding me for my original order! Or I could give the wrong items I received to someone as a gift and they would give me £35 voucher to use on their website! Er hang on what about you still having my money and I’m left without the items I ordered?? Daylight robbery. It’ll cost more than what I paid to send back and that’s if they say they received it which I doubt they will. Also I bet the return address is wrong anyway. I can’t believe they can get away with this.
Login to Me Too

BLUETOP15
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear about your experience, I wish the likes of Instagram PayPal had a better system of vetting these Chinese companies, god what have people got to do before they see what is really going on here. Cheers Steve
Login to Me Too

Dwtndaisy
Feeling like PayPal Shopify , Facebook and other should be on the watch for this and stop it They are making money The crooks are making money and we are taking the hit JuSt like you said daylight robbers!!!!
Login to Me Too

GGPeggy
Contributor
Contributor

I have stopped buying off Facebook, Instagram, etc. ads.  I will research the item and find on known website.  They are getting better at disguising the China websites.

Warning....I did order a poster from a US Based business off Instagram.  It was a home made poster and such a poor quality image....it was so bad it was almost funny.  

People in general are starting to sell cheap crap just to make money.  

Side note:   I have found that on Poshmark and Etsy I have had almost no problem.  If there is a problem (usually minor) they step in and assist.  Sellers and buyers behave better.

Login to Me Too

GGPeggy
Contributor
Contributor

This is my first time to get scammed from these Chinese companies.  I am generally careful and go to the "website".   This appeared to be a US based business until I finished my sale.  I don't even buy outside North America on eBay unless I can verify seller.

I also fell into a FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY, since I could buy via PayPal.  I thought PayPal would be putting a stop to these Scams.  I will NEVER buy from an unknown business off a social media platform again.  If it isn't' available from a known seller.....I don't need it.

The scammers are getting better at hiding origin.  They also change their company name.  I saw my fake item advertised (same ad) but different vendors. 

Why is PayPal  letting these companies get away with sending crap and not holding them responsible???.

Login to Me Too

Crisetta
Contributor
Contributor
YES! I want PayPal to ban these, they are so clever, they look like a US company as often as not, but they send you rubbish and offer no redress. A very cunningly disguised scam!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.