China orders

Danno1996
New Community Member

Call me stupid but I ordered an Oreck vacuum combo from China. US value, $400+. I found it for $84 in China. I ordered a while ago and have received no correspondence. Money was taken out of my account but no product was delivered. Is this common? 

Also, I just ordered a Lego Porche from China. US value $400. I found it for $94 in China. Exact same results. Am I a fool for trusting these people?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danno1996 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Open a dispute but there usual way of working is that as soon as you do they will supply a fake tracking number so the dispute will be closed, then you receive your tat item and can't open another dispute.

If that happens then apply to customer services but no guarantees they will open a second dispute for you so..........

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country)...IF you do manage to win a dispute for received but not as described.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danno1996 

Not going to get these items worth/retailing for hundreds of dollars for just a fraction. That right there tells you something isn't right.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ern1000
Contributor
Contributor

Hate to say it but, yes your a fool just like myself. Best advice to everyone never trust anything coming from China they are liars and know that whatever you buy will cost more to return than the cost of the item and PayPal is aware of this scam and refuses to make any changes to their policy.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.