China Scammers

JaDeGu
New Community Member

I purchased... Well... I thought I purchased a Nintendo Switch through a website. I immediately requested to cancel and asked for a refund. When I sent an email to their customer service desk requesting it, I got a response back as if the email was invalid.  I email the contact email on the PayPal account and got no response as well. I submitted a dispute for a refund, and the seller responded with a shipping tracking number. I was definitely willing to close the case had the console arrived. When this package came it was a padded envelope no bigger than an cell phone. These scammers sent me some Nintendo Switch console handles. I sent that crap back the same day I got it. I checked the USPS tracking number, CH103963451US, and it shows that the seller received it on 08SEP2020. So I'm wondering where is my money, when I looked at the dispute this morning, it stated that I would get an update today. When I checked it after I got work, it stated I would get an update on 19SEP2020. What's going on PayPay?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dazman189
Contributor
Contributor

I got ripped off the same, i have seen lots of people ripped off by these Chinese scams but Paypal take there side and dont refund. they must get a % of their takings

Login to Me Too

patriot1976
Contributor
Contributor

The same think happen to me and paypal just denied my claim and I have the all the emails and evidence and I will be summiting this to the Federal Trade Commission. Looks like Paypal will have to answer to FTC for their part in it. I would do the same exact thing. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.