Chicv Hong Kong HK HKG SCAM

Drwel1
New Community Member

How can I get money back from what apoears to be a scam? I ordered 3 dresses got one only...horrible quality. Cant get answers from sannishop which I ordered from. It appears on bank statement as chicv Hong Kong HK Hkg. Now I've read this company runs under many fashion brands and many people have been fleeced. They may reveive one thing from several they ordered if anything. Never looks like it should. Any help out there?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

PayPal_Callie

Hello @Drwel1

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I can definitely understand wanting to see what options are available if you did not receive what you ordered. If you have not already done so, I would recommend filing a dispute

Hope that helps!

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

pearlredmoon
Contributor
Contributor

ChicV is an international fraud enterprise. In the last few months they have inundated Facebook and Instagram with a myriad of popup shops - possibly 100s. Some of the names I know are Barbring, Tusancat, Fairyfeel. These are all fronts for the one China based mass manufacturing business registered as ChicV. ChicV has recently started a Shopify platform called Modarie.com.  This same company has appropriated 8 photographs of clothes I've made and designed, without my knowledge or permission from my blog, and has put these exact 8 photos in their online shop, claiming it is the product they sell. I have been spending weeks getting the runaround from FB, Insta, Shopify and Paypal trying to stop my copyright being infringed. Every picture of every item in the ChicV online shops is taken from the true maker. Innocent buyers are receiving poorly made fake reproductions. Groups of outraged people who have been swindled are mobilising and soon organisations like Paypal will regret they tried to ignore tens of thousands of angry scammed women.

Login to Me Too

Mrg323
Contributor
Contributor
I just ordered 127.00 worth of fashion items from Modarie. I tried to contact them but their website is closed down. I filed a dispute with PayPal and received a reply from fashion international. They said allow 5 days to prepare order then I would receive an email with shipping info. It’s been eight days and I haven’t heard a word and I have no way to contact them. My gut tells me I’ve been scammed!
Login to Me Too

pearlredmoon
Contributor
Contributor
You have been scammed. Shopify shut Modarie down due to the huge number of complaints and their investigations revealed that 100% of the products they advertised were fraudulent representations. Paypal knows Modarie was a scam business but seems to have no qualms continuing to facilitate numerous popup shop fronts for this criminal business going forward. Paypal will give you considerable obstacles to claiming a refund. You will need lots of outrage and perserverence to stick with them getting them to do the right thing. But if some of us don't hold them to account they will just keep scamming tens of thousands of unsuspecting customers with Paypal enabling them. Keep demanding your money back for your own sake and to stop more innocent buyers losing their money.
Login to Me Too

Mrg323
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!
Login to Me Too

CWSF
Contributor
Contributor
Company name was Modaire. Ordered through Facebook. Will never order through Facebook ads again. Assume there is no way to recover funds. Hope that PayPal will notify users that this is a scam and refuse to complete orders.
Login to Me Too

mmckinnon
Contributor
Contributor
Item has not been received. Ordered September 18. Today is October 18. I am out $32.08. Do you have any information about how I can receive a refund? Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Mrg323
Contributor
Contributor
File a dispute with PayPal. I did and they refunded my money. It took a while .
Login to Me Too

Catpurrccino
Contributor
Contributor

I was also a victim of this scam.
I filed a dispute, the seller gave me two addresses to return the item to and my case was closed because I couldn't get a clear answer from Pay pal agents which address was the correct one to return the item to until 3 days after my deadline.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.