Cheated by seller, Paypal closed my case in support of the cheat

polkaroth
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a sewing machine from a company website for $58. However after 20 days of waiting they sent me 3 face masks. I created a case with Paypal the same day that i received my "envelope" from China as the closest option "Item not as described" for a full refund. I uploaded photos of the item description from the website when i ordered. Also uploaded the picture of the received plastic envelope with 3 masks and it shows the shipping label with the tracking number the cheat had given me from China. I also updated that the website is no longer up meaning that it was a scam site. There is no way anyone can fit a singer sewing machine into a 6 inch black plastic envelope.

I was then asked to upload a copy of my police complaint which i promptly complied with. 

The paypal just closed my case in favor of seller saying i did not provide the requested info. I have been with Paypal since 2003 when i started using them for eBay transactions. It appears the company is no longer the trust worthy as it used to be. Whatever to their "Purchase Protection Programme" ? Direct buying by using a credit card would have been better. I cannot even see an option to dispute the resolution - would it even be useful wasting my time with them - i have already wasted my money using them?

Warning to all Paypal buyers: Do not trust Paypal to protect your money anymore.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

gderousie

Me too!  Same ad for the film scanner.  My case is about to be closed because they want me to send back the roll of film to China and PayPal supports this scam.

Very disappointed but I guess for $27.98 it was a good lesson to learn.

It's not the old PayPal and it's not to be trusted

Login to Me Too

DLDKY1
Contributor
Contributor
All these Chinese companies are scamming. I ordered about 6 items before Christmas and none of them were as described. PayPal refunded them. One was declined by PayPal but I messaged PayPal and they returned it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.