Cheated by seller, Paypal closed my case in support of the cheat

polkaroth
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a sewing machine from a company website for $58. However after 20 days of waiting they sent me 3 face masks. I created a case with Paypal the same day that i received my "envelope" from China as the closest option "Item not as described" for a full refund. I uploaded photos of the item description from the website when i ordered. Also uploaded the picture of the received plastic envelope with 3 masks and it shows the shipping label with the tracking number the cheat had given me from China. I also updated that the website is no longer up meaning that it was a scam site. There is no way anyone can fit a singer sewing machine into a 6 inch black plastic envelope.

I was then asked to upload a copy of my police complaint which i promptly complied with. 

The paypal just closed my case in favor of seller saying i did not provide the requested info. I have been with Paypal since 2003 when i started using them for eBay transactions. It appears the company is no longer the trust worthy as it used to be. Whatever to their "Purchase Protection Programme" ? Direct buying by using a credit card would have been better. I cannot even see an option to dispute the resolution - would it even be useful wasting my time with them - i have already wasted my money using them?

Warning to all Paypal buyers: Do not trust Paypal to protect your money anymore.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

polkaroth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks R14AHH, taking a cue from your reply i followed with Paypal using message. And Paypal reviewed my updates and decided the case in my favour.

I was refunded by Paypal, and by doing so they have kept my faith in their system.

Thanks again for your help !

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

R14ahh
Contributor
Contributor
I was sold counterfeit items I adhered to everyting Paypal said and sent the items back - and cause I Input the wrong tracking number (which I have since supplied) they have closed the case in the sellers favour - :hundred_points: agree Paypal don’t give a damn
Login to Me Too

polkaroth
Contributor
Contributor

it is a double scam - being cheated by a company like Paypal. Their customer service numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted](sourced from Google search) is not even visible on their site, but even then it says "our customer service is closed due to Covid" ?  What ??? You are open to scam people but not open to help your customers. 

Login to Me Too

R14ahh
Contributor
Contributor
Get all the facts as screen shots and send messages through PayPal messages - I git my query resolved and have now got my refund back from the seller
Login to Me Too

polkaroth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks , will try that.

Login to Me Too
Solved

polkaroth
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks R14AHH, taking a cue from your reply i followed with Paypal using message. And Paypal reviewed my updates and decided the case in my favour.

I was refunded by Paypal, and by doing so they have kept my faith in their system.

Thanks again for your help !

Login to Me Too

R14ahh
Contributor
Contributor
Awww that’s great news x - I felt exactly the same! 💕✌🏽Glad that you got it sorted!
Login to Me Too

ffma1
New Community Member

I ordered a lawn edger attachment which I found out later was sold by a Chinese company.  Upon notification that the item had been delivered by the USPS and it had not, I contacted my local post office which determined it had been delivered to another address.  Their position was they had done their job and and offered no further assistance other than providing me paperwork showing the incorrect delivery address.  I immediately provided this documentation to PayPal and was notified they were contacting the seller.  A few days later PayPal emailed a document from the Seller showing that my item had been shipped via UPS and NOT the USPS as previously advised.  I ran the UPS tracking number and found that it had been delivered to a vacant lot in my town. I could not find a way to provide PayPal with the UPS document but emailed them what had happened.  I have now been advised PayPal has decided my case in favor of the Seller.  I have been using their service for many years but not any more.  DONE!

Login to Me Too

Deeway
New Community Member

A company sent an item I did not order. I messaged them to ask for what I ordered. They said send back the wrong item at my own expense. Item cost $53.95. Mail cost $66. PayPal would not refund my money from the scammers. Closing my account will use Apple Pay. 

Login to Me Too

laings4
Contributor
Contributor

Very similar situation to my experience. Seller through Pinterist or FB (not sure) advertised a film scanner (to copy old film negatives and slides to digital, at $28USD. I ordered it but after like 2 months just received a roll of 12 exposure 35mm film. Who buys this stuff anyway and who the hell would pay what was my equivalent of $42AUD. Contacted the seller and wanted to give me like $8. Rejected and went to Paypal resolution Centre which just today say they ruled in favor of seller because I didn't provide a tracking number or more proof. I'd already done that, couldn't send a photo, now like I said ruled in favor of the scammer whose website listed is a one page thing nothing to do with any such product. Can't reopen the case

This is the 3rd time I have been let down by Paypal. Pretty disappointed

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.