Charity donation which I never remember!

Kavehalafpour
Contributor
Contributor

I have just noticed that I made a payment of 18 GBP on 17th May 2021 to a charity <removed> which I never remember!!! The payment was made under this description “ Safeguarding Adults and Child Sexual Exploitation” ! I was well shocked so I carefully checked my all emails, messages, bank statements and even my browsers history and I didn’t find any clue. I am well aware of fake scam links and all these kind of things and I am pretty sure that I have never clicked any scam links, and I am sure that no one else has access to my account. I opened a claim which refused after a day by PayPal. I also emailed the charity to ask for the refund of the payment which I never intended to make but I didn’t receive any response from them either!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kavehalafpour 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kavehalafpour
Contributor
Contributor

Dear friend

Thank you for your message, I did find out that there was a unrecognised device logged in to my account on the exact day and time that the transaction was made! I am so so shocked that how it is possible!!?

Do you have any suggestion?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.