Charges appear on credit card statement - but not on PayPal account summary?

deasy123
New Community Member

I just saw 2 charges to PayPal on my credit card statement.  I looked on my PayPal account to see what they were - but those charges don't appear on my PayPal account.  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @deasy123,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! If you recognize the general timing and the amount of the payment as one you made and are just confused because it doesn’t show on your PayPal account, it may have been a guest payment on a website or possibly an in-person transaction using a card reader, just like @kernowlass said. Just in case, I also wanted to provide some information about what to do if the charges that you’re seeing on your statement are not ones that you made.

If you did not purchase anything, it may be that your card was used on PayPal without your authorization. If you believe this may be the case, please contact PayPal by phone so the card information can be given to a representative to look into how it was used. You should also report to your card issuer that the card information was compromised so that they can issue you a new card number and protect you from any further fraud.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deasy123

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @deasy123,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! If you recognize the general timing and the amount of the payment as one you made and are just confused because it doesn’t show on your PayPal account, it may have been a guest payment on a website or possibly an in-person transaction using a card reader, just like @kernowlass said. Just in case, I also wanted to provide some information about what to do if the charges that you’re seeing on your statement are not ones that you made.

If you did not purchase anything, it may be that your card was used on PayPal without your authorization. If you believe this may be the case, please contact PayPal by phone so the card information can be given to a representative to look into how it was used. You should also report to your card issuer that the card information was compromised so that they can issue you a new card number and protect you from any further fraud.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.