Charged monthly installment plus full price.

Tennessippi
New Community Member
Bought item on TV shopping network on 5 monthly installments. Found out this morning, they charged both the first month plus the full price of the item to my PP account, nearly wiping out my account. When I called them to rectify the situation, they advised me to call PP and stop the charge. I told them that PP had already sent the charge to my bank and the money is no long accessible to me or my bank. It is earmarked for Paypal to go to the shopping network. I wanted to dispute the charge, but PP says it doesn't fall in the dispute category. What do I do if I cannot get them to reverse the charge for the same item with the same invoice? I thought PP protected us from this? I am confused.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Tennessippi,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with being charged incorrectly by the merchant. What type of dispute was opened with PayPal? Was it reported as a billing issue, or did you choose one of the merchandise claim types (Not As Described or Item Not Received)? If it was opened as one of the two types I mentioned and not a billing dispute, please try contacting PayPal customer service and see if it's possible to open a billing dispute. I do not know if the outcome will be different, but at least if the problem is one of miscategorization, the dispute can be evaluated correctly that way.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.