Charged for an item that was never received

JaredsMom
New Community Member

To make a long story short, I ordered a hair dryer from overseas (China) in mid-April.  I never received any shipping confirmation so I contacted them again two weeks after the order was placed.  To date, over 2 months later, I have not received the item but my account was charged.  The resolution center ruled against me because the seller provided a shipping receipt.  I have asked repeatedly to see if someone in my household signed for the hair dryer but have gotten nowhere.  So I am out roughly $45 for a hair dryer I never received.  Do I have any recourse?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaredsMom 

If you funded that paypal payment via a credit card then you could try a chargeback via your card issuer?

But i would be grateful it did not turn up, electrical stuff from China with no safety standards can be dangerous. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Callie

Hi @JaredsMom

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community about this. @kernowlass is correct that you do have the option to go to your bank or card issuer and see what options they have to help. If you have not tried though, you can appeal a case decision up to 10 days after the case is closed. Within the Resolution Center under Closed Cases, you would click on the case you wish to re-open and select the option Appeal. If you do not see this, it means it is either past 10 days or the case is no longer eligible for an appeal. In that case, I would recommend the same thing that @kernowlass did and reach out to your bank or card issuer. 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.