Chargeback still open on Paypal's end.

azrtheal
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a charge-back through my bank in September of 2019, but had it closed in October. Paypal still insists, 70 days later, that the charge-back that was filed is still being received, on PAYPAL's END, as open. My bank has already confirmed that the case was closed and they sent a notice to PayPal, but PAYPAL denies ever receiving such notice. It has been nearly half a year since I originally purchased my product and sent it back, but this is the most difficult issue I've ever had with Paypal. I call to ask if the case is resolved on Paypal's end. they say to contact my bank. I call my bank, they confirm that the case is closed and to tell Paypal to contact THEIR bank. I call Paypal and forward the message, and receive the reply, "Sir, we cannot do anything like that on our end. We don't handle that. The case is still open on our end, so we're unable to do anything.".. What nonsense is this? At this point, I'm being jerked around. Paypal refuses to contact their banks over a charge-back dispute that's been closed by my bank for the past two months.

So far, I have not been able to contact anyone who can properly resolve and handle this matter. I'm angry, frustrated, and have been receiving heavy amounts of APR interest from my credit company due to this matter. THANK you Paypal. If there's anyone there who can properly handle this and get it resolved, please let me know. It shouldn't take this long to receive a response.Capture2.PNGCapture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@azrtheal 

I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review this matter, perhaps this will give them a jolt to get things rolling into action and contact their merchant bank. Maybe also ask your bank to send another notice to PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.